Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Bmw Diag GT1

Is is just me or is this pretty cheap, I thought these things went for way more than this, Or do they do a Chinese rip off of these units.

>>Clicky<<

It will do 90% of what the genuine GT1 will do. It's not wireless and you can't plug in testing leads or a clamp meter

That's the ebay one that you can get for about US$849+US$150 shipping. They are Chinese knock offs of the real thing. Apparently they work quite well from what I have been told.

If I read that auction correctly it doesn't include the IBM T30 laptop which can set you back another US$350 to get (and most of these chinese copies only work on the T30 for one reason or another).

If you search ebay you'll notice that you can pick up the set up with the HDD loaded but no laptop for about US$450 to US$600 plus shipping.

I've been looking at the new version OPS which is fibre-optic and works on the later model cars up to 2009.

I do believe the latest bootleg software is DIS V57 and SSSv44.

I've only seen about 3 genuine BMW GT1s for sale on the net and they were about US$15,000 to buy with genuine siemen heads ect ect.

Glenn any ideas on the new OPS and the knock off versions? Little more expensive to buy, but they now come on an USB based hard drive, so you can use it on any laptop and not just the T30.

Edited by M3_Power

Glenn any ideas on the new OPS and the knock off versions? Little more expensive to buy, but they now come on an USB based hard drive, so you can use it on any laptop and not just the T30.

I was looking and decided not to. We ended up getting the new Autoland Iscan II. We get BMW to do all our coding, because of warranty, failures and exposure to risk. New control units only carry a warranty if installed & coded by the dealer

That's the ebay one that you can get for about US$849+US$150 shipping. They are Chinese knock offs of the real thing. Apparently they work quite well from what I have been told.

I thought as much, Not that i was interested in getting one as would be of no use to me really. Was just curious on the price because i thought they went for the price you said for the genuine ones.

I was looking and decided not to. We ended up getting the new Autoland Iscan II. We get BMW to do all our coding, because of warranty, failures and exposure to risk. New control units only carry a warranty if installed & coded by the dealer

Good point .... Although I do still wonder which of the knock offs would work better ... the GT1 or the OPS.

Autoland .. interesting - might do some reading on these. I would have thought Autologic was the next best thing to genuine dealer machines.

Good point .... Although I do still wonder which of the knock offs would work better ... the GT1 or the OPS.

Autoland .. interesting - might do some reading on these. I would have thought Autologic was the next best thing to genuine dealer machines.

OPPS Is the one to get.

Beware of vm ware installs on other laptops. :P

OPPS Is the one to get.

Beware of vm ware installs on other laptops. :P

Or if you're crazy like me go Autologic and spend the next twenty years getting a return