Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

Cheap 8 Series

^ Was just about to say that.

Edited by Hellpina

^ Was just about to say that.

Clearly something properly wrong with it

huh?!do you know enough about 8 series or this car to sabotage this guys sale?I would say by the description of its recent care that it would be a good car(or at least well maintained)For a 1990 car and that mileage it looks in very good condition!

I have absolutely no affiliation with this seller,I really think that comment is complety unwarranted

I know this car. I recall seeing this for sale at Turners at some point over the last 5 years and also at some point resurfaced at a 2nd hand Euro dealership next to BM Workshop in Grey Lynn.

At Turners the highest offer was $11k and at the dealership in Grey Lynn it was for sale for $15k.

I drove it. It is not the best looking example. The interior was appalling; the drivers seat had a hole in it and ithe leather was parched and worn out. Unusual for the E31 as I understood the leather utilised was of a high quality.

Paint was a little dull and required some hard work to rectify.

For what it is worth, I remember the car going pretty well. I remember heading onto the motor-way and being very impressed with the way the car accelerated. Rapid and smooth!

The mileage was around 200 kms so this 8 hasn't been driven much since.

Could be a expensive project. On the flip-side, it may have had alot of money thrown at it mechanically and could be a good, cheap 8.

Just a joke Paul... you know... one of those stereotypes we all have about various BMW models.

8 series are an electrical nightmare

E36 interiors were made by limbless morons

The E30 is god's chariot...

etc etc.

:)

Just a joke Paul... you know... one of those stereotypes we all have about various BMW models.

8 series are an electrical nightmare

E36 interiors were made by limbless morons

The E30 is god's chariot...

etc etc.

:)

yes clearly......sorry for the overreaction,my sense of humour has been short cucuited by my "broken" achilles tendon

^ I've seen that parked there before, he/she/it must work there.

Looks badass, must be reasonably uncommon in dakar yellow?