Sign in to follow this  
sascha

e30 stud conversion?

Hey first time ive seen this, and i think it could be very useful? also would let me use my locknuts that came with my spacers.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=285222515

Any info appreciated, also if anyone knows where to get studs that fit in 25mm (or any) bolt on spacers could you let me know, cause the standard bmw bolts need to be ground down to fit, but it looks like the whole head needs to be gone.

If this makes no sense at all let me know and ill try get pics to show what i mean.

I TOTALLY get what you mean. I had a b***h of a time getting spacers. I bought a set of those studs to fit 10mm spacer, coz i cant use the standard e30 stud nuts for the new wheels.

PM JiB and ask what he had done for his spacers.

For my bolt on spacers I just ground down the original bolts, still plenty of room left. Thats with a 20mm spacer. if you go smaller it probably wont work

Thats actually not too bad a price.

Ask him about longer ones?

I had 8x 80mm ones sent from the uk for the pug and it was $90 or so.

If you are running 10mm spacers, they will go on prefect. They are 10mm longer than the standard BMW ones.

Cheers guys, have just gone back to the good old bottlecaps for now! Too much hassel with aftermarket rims in the last few weeks and i need to focus on my 100000 assignments (aparently) .

From the looks of it if i grind them down there will be no head left to tighten the bolts.

By the way im talking about bolt on spacers, but i might just go for some slip ons. Or ill just sell the e30 and get something nicer and newer untill i finish uni..hmmm.

Thats my complaining and thoughts for now haha :ph34r:

Using factory bolts: Turn down some of the taper, then extend the hex.

Otherwise, I have a bag of short studs and nuts that I was using in my 20mm adaptors - I moved to bolts because I wanted less compliance for racing.

I like after market wheel,but I would like to buy the brand they make for e30s.acs,hartge,alpina,

I think he means he likes wheels that were originally made FOR e30s, like Hartges, Alpinas, AC Schnitzer