Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Air Con

Well ive always been one to strip my cars of air con, now that im beginning to appreciate the finer things in life i would like it back again haha. Now I know alot of people scrap the lines, condensor etc when they do a project/race car so im wondering if anyone would have anything lying around they could donate or flick off for a good price :P

The details:

Its for my E30 running the pre facelift M20b25 but im sure they would all have the same mounting etc as far as the condensor?

Possibly need the rubber and hard lines right the way up to the control unit in the dash. Maybe the wiring also unless lindin left it in there.

I can sort the belt etc through my work so yea any help appreciated :)

Luke

Yep I'm slowly stripping the AC out of a 325i. You can have whatever you want. One of the hard lines has been cut though in the engine bay.

Yep I'm slowly stripping the AC out of a 325i. You can have whatever you want. One of the hard lines has been cut though in the engine bay.

Oh real, that would be so awesome bro! How long have you been back in the country? I can pay for shipping man. Would the condensor etc need new seals etc or was it all working?

Hope you get it sorted fast, Winters coming :o

Haha ive got heater John. Man your cars looking so primo btw! Mean job bro :)

Been back since January lol. No idea on the condition of the condensor sorry, its one of those setups with the blower below the heater controls behind one of those big funny grills.

Thing is I'm pretty busy for the next 2 weeks so I'm not going to get a chance to take the rest of it out and get it sent until then is that ok? Alternatively, if you have someone in Auckland who owes you a favour they can come pull it out.

You've really softened up Luke! :P

Edited by tastic

Been back since January lol. No idea on the condition of the condensor sorry, its one of those setups with the blower below the heater controls behind one of those big funny grills.

Thing is I'm pretty busy for the next 2 weeks so I'm not going to get a chance to take the rest of it out and get it sent until then is that ok? Alternatively, if you have someone in Auckland who owes you a favour they can come pull it out.

You've really softened up Luke! :P

Old age my friend :rolleyes: haha nah jokes. Im not in a huge rush I just wanted to gauge some interest to see what was available im down for whatever aye I can wait especially when its free :) Do you know which hard line ill need to replace? Thanks again Max

Re hard line: No, not off the top of my head but I will have a look this week and let you know.

No worries. :)