Sign in to follow this  
bravo

4x4ing

I know G-unit likes to splash a bit of mud on his wagon, but he's not the only one. I regularly go on rallies etc and there was one the weekend of the mega meet (which I missed since I was stuck in Aux :( ) and there is another next wekend. We are taking my old man's willy's this time.

While getting pics of my ride, I found a couple of 4x4 ing pics from the last few months. Have heaps more, but can't find the CD at the mo, so I'll have to make do with just these two or three.

The first is at Cold Water Creek at Molesworth Station, at the top of the South Island (Molesworth runs down the middle of the Sth Island from Blenhein to Hanmer and is only open a few weeks of the year for 4x4ing. There are worn tracks if your a pussy, but we were in the sth Island purely on a 4x4 trip, so as you can imagine, the tracks were a bit too lame lol... Unfortunately most of the best pics are on the CD, or it was too muddy to get out and take photos.

Edit: smaller pic for 56kers like me - never realised how big that bastard was!

post-18-1108623400.jpg

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Sorry about the grainyness of that one - it was a scan from a regular photo.

Next one is in my company work ute. I am a surveyor and we were in Ahipara trying to get out to a trig station. Needless to say a few creeks and bogs got in the way. I am driving and my assistant is taking the photo - you can see the GPS gear sticking out of the drivers side rear window of the double cab.

post-18-1108622181.jpg

Another day at work, this time at a farm after we got it muddy, notice you can't read the plate, and the headlights are totally covered.

And it pisses me off that I can only find these "lame" ones - I'll make an effort to get decent pics next wknd.

Edit: The ugly guy standing next to the truck is my assistant (or as we say in the biz chainman) Brent.

post-18-1108622441.jpg

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

If you're ever going on a 4wd trip nearish to Auckland, let me know.

However I'm not allowed to scratch or dent the Wrangler (and also it is on road tyres) it can't be too rough (yes...I know I sound like a pussy).

I'm keen as though, the Jeep seems pretty competent.

Cheers

Yeah, the jeep's pretty unstoppable, but no winch and no lockers, so we can't take it out by itself - it needs a rescue vehicle just in case, but rarely needs it. Have had water in the white landcruiser up to the bug catcher on the bonnet, and got stuck not long after the first pick was taken in about 4 degree C water up to the signwriting. By the time we winched out my forgotten cellphone on the floor was drenched (water leaked in UP the drain holes in the doors), and I was frozen as I was the lucky sod who had to go swimming to find the winch.

Don't head down south much, but plan on going to the national 4wd day at clevedon whenever it's on this year so I'll buzz ya then.

However I'm not allowed to scratch or dent the Wrangler (and also it is on road tyres) it can't be too rough (yes...I know I sound like a pussy).

True - if you look carefully at the right hand end of the black writing under the red signwriting you can see a dent - that was caused during that trip although I'm a little embarrased to say it was a rubbish bin in a Supermarket carpark in Nelson, the only thing we broke offroad was the winch shear pin which was a real bastard as it was next to impossible to fix in the mud and water, but we managed and carried on.

4WDing is awesome. I am temped to get a Nissan Patrol when I get another car soon, but I think an S Class will win me over.

I think if I had a 4wd, being in the city, I would leave it dirty, as no greenie fag will scratch it, as it it being used for its main purpose (thats one of their lame arguements :rolleyes: ). If they did, I would probably arrive in time just as they are driving off in their shitbox smokey Lada or something.

Hmm, closest I have got to 4wding in recent years is mud donuts in the 5 series :mosh: Just aint the same tho.

Yeah, When I moved to Aux I bought a Navara ute. Thrashed that thing round the city. Parked on the grass, no tickets, parked in middle of CBD all night, no scratches, no break ins even though it had really awesome sounds, got driven into the back of four times in two yeas, and never any damage to the ute, but pretty serious damage to the f**kwits who drove into me.

Move to the country, bought a bimmer and sold the ute - go figure!

:rambo: watch who u calln the ugly Bravo!!!!!!!! yes im The boss Bravo is my bit*h well is the b*tch i allowed 2 say b*tch on here? o well i just said it 3 times :mosh: ok hes my work mate hmm yea Graham u missd a couple of event tht happnd like wen we o i mean u slid the truck down the bank and got winched back out........hmmm yeah tht was one track 2 many "what you guys doing up here n e way" Bravo replies "o just turning round and got a lil stuck" Good on ya mate ....... :jap:

Yeah go f**k yourself.

That was a funny day tho. Was raining and couldn't work till rain stopped cos expensive electronic equipment, so thought we'd go for a 4x4ing adventure down the back of the farm we were working on. u-turning at then end of a blind track and slid dwon the bank and only saved by dropping into a steepp gully by a big gorse bush. had to get the farm supervisor to winch us out with a block and tackle. Weren't even sposed to be down there, so had to make good excuses.

Yeah, f**ked up there didn't I? anyone say self pwnage?

my old mans 4x4 i take out everynow and again. its only got 80/20 tyres on it but that dosnt stop me doing most of my activites. i just make sure i go with a mate.

my old mans got a nissan terrano turbo 5sp.f**k its mean as. not as mean as other 4x4 around but i still have to look after it as it isnt mine. my 4x4 advenures consit of driving around big unbuilt subdivions, with a car load of pissed mates doing mainly skids. i would like to get into more real 4x4 one day.

word, tis fun.... my bros hilux is unstoppable, even tears up bitumen..... haha

only times he's ever been stuck was up to both diffs in soft shingle at the river, and up to the headlights in sticky volcanic mud in the rangipo desert...

both times was just a 10minute shovel job and drove out

holla