Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Front Indicators not working.

Took my front bumper off to replace one of the bumper mounts, then refit the bumper & both front indicators dont want to work now. I have check the wiring (looks fine), checked fuses (none blown), checked bulbs (all work fine), both are plugged in properly... What else could it be? Any suggestions? I am stumped as to what it is now...very irritating driving with no front indicators, cos they flicker super fast & its illegal. Any help appreciated!

take the covers off and unscrew the bulbs, clean and reinstall. Mine do that from time to time and that fixes it for about a month or so then i have to do it again. Annoying but meh. could space the bulb and the bracket if you could be bothered using a blob of solder on the end of the bulb (+ve pole) if you can be bothered doing it, but only try that if your situation is like mine

I'll give it a go. Hope that works.

Nope, wasnt that.

Took the bumper off again, persistant in finding the problem. The wiring on the passengerside had pulled apart from the connectors. I didnt notice cos its all cover in tape - bumper dropped and the wire just fell apart (thats how I knew) so just reconnected and they go now. Bloody hell :lol:

Wiring looks pretty old & the connectors & plugs are all cracked etc so may look at rewiring it one day.

But thanks for the suggestions ethrty, will be keeping that in mind in the future.

Edited by Shady