Sign in to follow this  
thirdkide30

Help Radiator hose blown

Im in need of some help. One of the radiator hoses has blown off and has taken the male bit with it. It is the one located underneath the radiator pipes on the engine itself. Can it be repaired or changed? Can i do it myself?

Here are some photos of it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Came off the bottom of this bit. Can i pull it apart?

Posted Image

Yep comes off, 2 13mm bolts holding that whole housing to the head. I have a spare entire housing liying around of no use if you want it give me a PM.. Just place your sensors into it, thermostat and bolt it back to the head and join the hoses up.

If it overheated when this happened, I would suggest also fitting a new thermostat to be on the safe side

judging by the amount of crap that has blocked it up i would recomment a new thermostat, also putting a hosepipe through your radiator and through your motor. to get that part (thermostat housing off you will need to undo the 2 13mm bolts holding it to the block, you will also need to loosen your fuel rail and remove any sensors in it as they will hit on the fuel rail when trying to remove. once removed replace with a good unit. new thermostat, and just check the condition of the hoses while your at it. flush it all out as well as you can with the garden hose, refit all parts, seal between the thermostat housing and the block with a gasket, or liquid rtv. and bleed cooling system with good coolant.

That's what my cooling system looked like after my head gasket blew and oil went through it....

+1 to everything oli said.

Would even be tempted if you have the cash to get a radiator place to clean it out properly... that crap isn't good for your waterpump.

Yep comes off, 2 13mm bolts holding that whole housing to the head. I have a spare entire housing liying around of no use if you want it give me a PM.. Just place your sensors into it, thermostat and bolt it back to the head and join the hoses up.

PMd

judging by the amount of crap that has blocked it up i would recomment a new thermostat, also putting a hosepipe through your radiator and through your motor. to get that part (thermostat housing off you will need to undo the 2 13mm bolts holding it to the block, you will also need to loosen your fuel rail and remove any sensors in it as they will hit on the fuel rail when trying to remove. once removed replace with a good unit. new thermostat, and just check the condition of the hoses while your at it. flush it all out as well as you can with the garden hose, refit all parts, seal between the thermostat housing and the block with a gasket, or liquid rtv. and bleed cooling system with good coolant.

Thanks for that. Will be doing exactly this.

That's what my cooling system looked like after my head gasket blew and oil went through it....

+1 to everything oli said.

Would even be tempted if you have the cash to get a radiator place to clean it out properly... that crap isn't good for your waterpump.

Oh damn. Blown head gasket? The symptoms of a blown head gasket arent really happening but is there any other way of checking?

your cooling system looks in bad shape...

your cooling system looks in bad shape...

Yeah..Now im wondering if it does have a blown head gasket, but symptoms arent happening so not sure? would it be worth changing the gasket if the engines done 200k km?

Once you have it running again, make sure the water stays clean, and the oil stays oil.

and no water randomly dissappears...

My car wouldn't even start after that happened to my cooling system, Piston 6 ended up with water in it.