Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

m20 injector rates.

ok. so i found out why my racecar is not running too flash.. i pulled out the spark plugs and they have been corroding away. turns out the car is over fueling. i had a look at my injectors, found 5 blue ones and 1 orange one.

could anyone tell me the flow rates of all the different colour injectors?? i have searched...

also any ideas on how to lean it out? it is a motronic 1.3 m20b25 with a chipped ecu, mild cam, cia.

have upgraded to iriduim spark plugs that are abit hotter so should help.... any ideas would be cool...

cheers

oli

Any idea why its overfueling?

It could be a faulty sensor(s).

I know stock M20B25 14lb injectors are blue but not saying much. Should have part number on the injectors which you can google.

Any idea why its overfueling?

It could be a faulty sensor(s).

umm im not too sure. think chip may have something to do with it.. or mabey the air fuel adjustment is all up the bend.

what chip do you have? my car ran a bit rich when it was chipped, so if its the same brand its probably a good guess that it is that

umm i dont know the brand tbh... yeah that is my guess..

does anyone know which way to turn the allan key on the afm for richer or leaner?

who did you buy it off?

Yeah same as mine mate. Wasnt Not nessecarily from his race car, he used to sell them.

Edited by ethrty320

^yeah i know.. so i think that may be the culprate but dont really want to take it out so just want to make sure all the mixture adjustments are all good and find out what injectors i should have.

If both your 325i's are running the same software you could take it out of your DD and put it into your racecar (or other way round.. sorry forgot which way were are talking) and see if it goes away. At least it prooves it is that..

yeah i will do that when i get a chance to.... but really need to sort out the injectors as they are mix and match...