Sign in to follow this  
Parabolica

e30 325i exhaust thoughts

Evening,

My 325 has it stock exhaust at the mo and as im sure your well aware the thing is far too quiet. Im eventually going to be putting some extractors and a full stainless in the car however that is a we way off so im wondering what I can do to the stock exhaust in the meantime to give it a bit of a nicer and louder tone. Would removing one of the boxes make much or a difference or would it be better to replace one with a fairly straight through muffler arrangement.

Keeping in mind I use the car everyday and for long trips I dont want it to be too loud but to just really give a nice note when im giving it a bit of welly.

Any ideas very welcome.

Cheers

Cant really give any advice on what componentry to use, but just a heads up that the guy at pitstop when i got my exhaust done said that new regulations are being phased in that it cant be over 95dB up to and at 4000 rpm (edit: and post 02-ish is 90dB!), and that if the car is fitted with a cat from the factory then it needs to be retained. However there is leniancy for our cars in the second regulation because it was produced right in the era where cars started to get them en masse.

I know its not the sort of reply you had intended to get from this thread, but its something to watch out for if you didnt already know

Edited by ethrty320