Sign in to follow this  
1N STYL

Black strip and door handles

Paint the black stuff silver  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When my car goes in to get fixed, i'm going to get them to pull a few little dents and fix a couple of sratches.

But i'm thinking of getting them to paint the door handles and the black strip that runs down the side of the car and anlong the front bar silver to match the car...is that :puke: or :thumb:

whoops just realised it goes across the back of the car to :rolleyes:

Edited by 1N STYL

Guest Spargo

F**K me, if that car was a coupe :mosh:

Na, just paint the door handles, otherwise you've got a big silver blob. You need the black to break it all up.

When my car goes in to get fixed, i'm going to get them to pull a few little dents and fix a couple of sratches.

But i'm thinking of getting them to paint the door handles and the black strip that runs down the side of the car and anlong the front bar silver to match the car...is that  :puke:  or  :thumb:

whoops just realised it goes across the back of the car to  :rolleyes:

I think painting all of it would be nice .... i'm considering getting my black strip painted black aswell .... I've seen it done and it looks nice ... Edited by aliluya

Man your car is the sickness

As in cool not sick like yuck

I think you should paint all of it

I don't know why you just should

:lol:

It depends how much they wanna rip me off to do it...just figured they have mix the paint up any way, it might be cheapish...but we will see

Edited by 1N STYL

That's not your car in the pics aye? I like what they have done though - just the strip.

That's my vote anyway.

nope not my car

i'll post a pic with the door handles done to

why not the door handles? door handle that don't match looks so cheap to me, like a base modle lancer that doesn't have colour coded bumpers

Edited by 1N STYL

In my opinion leave it as it is now, it looks better with the black handles and strip....but its your car, do what you like.

Cheers

It depends how much they wanna rip me off to do it...just figured they have mix the paint up any way, it might be cheapish...but we will see

Sorry man, i was meaning paint all of the handles, black strip etc

Your car is the shizzle :o

Using *sics language here lol

Sorry man, i was meaning paint all of the handles, black strip etc

Your car is the shizzle :o

Using *sics language here lol

oh for rizzle :pimp:

Heart Braking they want $1400 to paint teh strips and the door handels...i know people who have got there hole cars re-sprayed for that much :o

Damn thats a rip off ... i was gonna cost my E36 $300 to paint all the exterior trimings to match the rest of the car ...

$100 to fix a dent in the back of the car, front panels re-sprayed and a few chips taken out on the 318i when I got it.... I think I'll avoid Auckland for panelbeating....

Regarding the colour matching - I think it looks hot as. Do it.

:( ok got another quote for $500 max, to do the black strip and the door handles.

Does any1 know of a cheap as place, its just a black strip how badly could a crappy cheap guy f it up?

and does any one know if the black strip, in the front and rear bars come off?, and do the ones along the side just pop off?

all the black strips can b removed quite easily

as for knowing a cheaper place for paiting them i cant help sorry

all the black strips can b removed quite easily

including the ones in the bumper?
yes ... the bumper ones just clip off basically ... that's what mine did .. ... (e36)

yea they all clip of relatively easily

well if there is a painter at ur work i dont know why u didnt go to them first im sure he'll give ya a good mates rates deal

LMAO cause he can't paint for sh*t lol, work has started hiring contractors so come in and paint the boats :lol: .... and i didn't know how easy they came off.

ok now another question, where can i get matching paint to paint it?

removal tools

screw drivers (flat & phillips)

2 arms (with muscles)

brain (at least 1/2)

all the mouldings pop off. with the front bumper ones start in the middle and

take off the number plate and moulding(some plastic plugs holding it on from memory) then the front corner ones on clip at the front and then slide foward to release the side-sections.

door mouldings just get the flat driver and stab it in horizontally to make some room to grap and pull from the door (just some plastic clips hold them on...pretty basic)

rear bumper same as front...start in the middle(may need the flat driver to get in under there)

door handles surrounds can be removed real easily via the little hole cover in

the catch face of your open door

...but its to much of a mission explaining it.....meh

Heart Braking they want $1400 to paint teh strips and the door handels...i know people who have got there hole cars re-sprayed for that much :o

"They" are dicks. Rip offs.