Sign in to follow this  
zoom-motorsports

deep dish drifting steering wheel

does anyone have one fitted to there car a deep dish drift steering wheel im tempted to buy one

just wanderd how it might look in my e30 and weather there any good for daily driving aswell??

any advantage to being deep dish ??

any advice would be cool.

You need a boss kit to make it fit.

IMO when I had mine with a dished wheel it gave it far too much angle towards the roof and was uncomfortable to use, needed the steering column dropped to make it better (I ended up not bothering and brought a different wheel).

Here is a pic for reference:

Posted Image

Edited by Hellpina

I test-drove a car with one of these a couple of weeks ago, hated every second of it. It made reaching the indicators/wipers very awkward, and the angle was terrible.

I've got an OMP steering wheel in my car, like the one above. I think I'm going to space the steering column down, especially when I get a lower non-reclinable seat

I've got an OMP steering wheel in my car, like the one above. I think I'm going to space the steering column down, especially when I get a lower non-reclinable seat

im thinking i dont want one now lol might just stick to a nice momo lol

sh*t I just brought one of these last week haha

Whats involved in spacing the steering column down?

sh*t I just brought one of these last week haha

Whats involved in spacing the steering column down?

You need to remove the 2 steering column mount shear bolts, lower the column to the desired height and fit a suitable solid spacer with longer mounting bolts. You will also have to trim the lower underdash panel to suit, dependant on how far you lower the column.

Thanks Glenn, wealth of knowledge as always...

Im sure I can handle that if it's a bad position

Yeah, I wanted an OMP suede steering wheel because I like the extra knee room, which helps when you're heel and toe-ing, and it's less strain on your arms if you go for an extended backroad blast when your arms aren't stretched out as much.

However, the angle is pretty rubbish. When I do eventually space the column down (may be a while), I'll take photos.