Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Tech-II Kit Swap

Has anyone clearly documented the procedure of removing a Tech-II kit?

I would like to get a good idea of how hard it will be to strip everything from a Tech-II fitted car and restoring it to a standard state.

As you have probably guessed, I have stumbled on the perfect donor for my car (same color and everything!). The catch here is the car is not a wrecked and I will need to swap everything from mine onto it so it's good as new again.

Cheers.

Edited by crazyarab

Bumpers and side trim are all relatively the same. The clips along the middle are smaller than the normal black side trim though and the holes in the door to accept the clips have plastic bits which allow them to clip in.

You will have to pull those off and swap to your car so the side pods can clip on.

I think the only problem you will run into is the clips for the sideskirts, the clips are held in holes with a dowel in the middle. So once you pull all the upper clip mounts for the sideskirts, there will be a bunch of holes along the side of the car on that edge above the sill.

Hold on... I'll just go have a look :P. There's holes in the door for the clips from the side pods, these may get covered up by the plastic trim tho?

E: ^^^What he said, going to do some work on the car tomo, so I'll have a closer look then.

Edited by antony

Bumpers and side trim are all relatively the same. The clips along the middle are smaller than the normal black side trim though and the holes in the door to accept the clips have plastic bits which allow them to clip in.

You will have to pull those off and swap to your car so the side pods can clip on.

I think the only problem you will run into is the clips for the sideskirts, the clips are held in holes with a dowel in the middle. So once you pull all the upper clip mounts for the sideskirts, there will be a bunch of holes along the side of the car on that edge above the sill.

Right, so some panel beating will need to be done where those holes are filled and painted. Any chance you have a photo of what it will look like in that state so I can get a quote from my panel beater?

It killed me drilling those holes into my car when I put on the MTII :(

http://oldmary.lqhome.com/~jordansarette/c...&fullsize=1

BTW that is what you will need to do TO your car to fit the upper clips for the sideskirts.

I have SE side skirts on mine though, don't they use the same fittings to clip on?

EDIT: take that back looks like skirts fit under that so my car will need the holes and the other car will need them plugged up!

Edited by crazyarab

What's the donor car? My brother is looking for an E30...