Sign in to follow this  
str8_6

E39 M5 Shocks

I believe it's new shock time for the M5... particularly the rear.

Have looked around online and Koni appear to be the way to go - KON-8240-1156 Sport seems to be the part number for the rear.

Does anyone have other suggestions or prices?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by str8_6

I would say OEM. Depends on what you are after I suppose but the OEM set up would be a hard one to better.

If you like the idea of OEM try SAS for a price on the BOGE Equivalent as they make most of the OEM stuff for BMW. Worth a phone call.

http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing/y2...ernational-ltd/

EDIT:

A quick Google tells me OEM are SACHS shocks and a few results say they are better than Koni’s, SAS sell SACHS also.

Edited by Apex

Thanks Graham, I will give them a call. OEM setup is fine for my needs.

How so? Do Koni or yourself know something M Devision dont because the last time I checked the E39 M5 was rated as one of the best sports saloons out of the box?

Will let you know. The front feels perfect... not a rattle.

Have noticed that whenever going over bumps such as drain covers, pot holes, the left rear feels fine, no noise at all. If I hit a similar bump with the right rear, there is a noise from the right rear parcel shelf accompanied by a wobble/shake. You feel it through the seat and the car almost "bounces" sideways slightly as if the wheel has hopped.

Replaced worn rear ball joints which has helped a lot. Had rear wheel wandering under braking which is now gone. Have had it in with the dealer and they have been unable to find any further worn components... twice.

It feels like a blown shock. I was leaning towards sub-frame mounts too but it's only occuring through the right wheel.