Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

rough blue leather interior to black

rough blue leather interior to black

transforming my M535i .

picked up this 1986 nz new E28 M535i with 462000km from a farm just north of wellsford , blown ECU , rattly top end , stuffed tyres , cracked windsheild ,full of rubbish .looked like he had been mixing concreate in the boot .

borrowed the ECU from my wifes std E28 535i and a few other parts and some tools . took a freind and my son for a drive , jumped started the car (after a few minutes of cranking) and drove it home , had to stop to replace a square tyre .

spayed dyed the blue recaro's replaced blue carpet and console bits , painted blue innner door trims and fitted into dark gray surounds .

fixed the ECU . pulling engine out soon to replace with one from the 735i ( doning valve grind , repaired camshaft etc ) going to replace 3.07LSD with a 3.45 open which i will convert to LSD . got some 16"by 8" bmw basket weave alloys fitted with 225 michilin tyres .

a couple of bits of rust welding repairs to doa dn some brake upgrades . and then get a wof for it .

and drive it to work and clock up some millage in it . see if i can get to 1 million km

post-2-1108893791.jpg

Looking good. When you're finished (engine and all etc) you should drive it back out there and show the dude what a little bit of cash and TLC can do.

Looks good mate,

My drivers side leather seat has had some shitty vynl coating put on it, how much did the seat resprays cost you?

I'm looking at getting the rear seat done too.

Any infor would be helpful thanks

Looks good mate,

My drivers side leather seat has had some shitty vynl coating put on it, how much did the seat resprays cost you?

I'm looking at getting the rear seat done too.

Any infor would be helpful thanks

i did it myself , brought some vinyl/carpet spray cans from repco .VHT brand

badassness brent, oh and bout e23 calipers, dont use them, not an upgrade for E28s, the e28s have a bigger pad area overall. are you going to die the door cards as well? would like to see it done before i decide if i want to do my whole interior B)

badassness brent, oh and bout e23 calipers, dont use them, not an upgrade for E28s, the e28s have a bigger pad area overall. are you going to die the door cards as well? would like to see it done before i decide if i want to do my whole interior B)

yes hi , i have since done the door cards as well . dyed and fitted the blue panel with the holes in it to the grey/black surround looks quite good .

is yours blue interior .

how's the engine going , got that head on yet .

that vht stuff seems to be getting a good rep for alot of the products they do now...

hmm.

looks good, how are the cracks / holes in the leather? very hidden?

that vht stuff seems to be getting a good rep for alot of the products they do now...

hmm.

looks good, how are the cracks / holes in the leather? very hidden?

yea it hid most of the cracking .looks ok from a distance .

it would have cost me about $500 to get professionally resprayed , but i figured it wasn't worth it on the cracking leather , maybe one day some good recaros will fall out of the sky . would cost heaps to get recovered about $1000-$1500 maybe