Sign in to follow this  
mr E34

Facelift E39 M5.

Hi Boris,

The facelifted M5 for sale you see today is owned by a very close friend of mine. He is an absolute car enthusiast and has owned nearly as many cars as our fellow member Clinton here. He habitually purchases exceptional cars and then makes them better by spending all of his spare time (seriously - like - 20 hours a weekend) making the car even better. He has been wanting the best facelift M5 money could buy for 2-3 years now. He has seen many, many cars but they all fell short. Until this one.

I saw this car when he bought it only a few weeks ago. It was in showroom condition. My friend has spent the last few weeks making it even better.

As is typical of him, the buzz of owning it has worn off, and yes, 4-5 weeks later, it is for sale.

Unbelievable, but there are people like him :)

I can tell you now, this would have to be one of the best M5's in this part of the world. I have not seen a better one and I have seen a few. My friend has incredible standards, and if anyone wants the best E39 M5 they can buy (irrespective of the price), this is the car.

It is the right spec, right colour, and hsa incredibly low mileage.

X2. Stock they are fantastic.

X2. Stock they are fantastic.

+355.2

They are ready to race IMO - why people muck with them is beyond my understanding.

Why do people tinker with them???Because they are so accomplished(bland), all the reviews state it is the best rear wheel drive saloon, technically that may be correct but the new onr of my 535is sold his & bought my car + an E46 M3.That is why people tinker with them , because after gunning it with 350+HP it still leaves you COLD.

He is not the only person who contacted me after owning an E39, So yeah it is worth owning but tinkering improves the driving senses.....have any of you seen the disgusting headers BMW fit to the E39 M5, after you have seen them you will be pi--ed that BMW fitted that horrible setup in an M car, it's the good enough theory i'm afraid in M car mass production, you think you have bought the best but you keep telling yourself that as you blat down the highway muttering the loss of a few driving senses.

E39 M5 list of things to do..mmm.. Van Manen stainless headers/ exhaust/remapp.

SS - this is the car that used to live on the Nth Shore, Auckland that I was offered ?? Hard indeed to believe someone would buy it only to use for a few weeks and then onsell - what could he have possibly done to make it better ?

SS - this is the car that used to live on the Nth Shore, Auckland that I was offered ?? Hard indeed to believe someone would buy it only to use for a few weeks and then onsell - what could he have possibly done to make it better ?

Phil- you are spot on.

Well, my friend is maniacal in making cars like new! :) I will discuss with you later.

Regards

SS

you may have something there boris ,idid feel the same way after driving an e 39 540 six speed