Sign in to follow this  
JiB

Shipping cars

My car needs to get to Christchurch, and a car needs to get from Christchurch to Auckland.

Anyone have experience, contacts, companies they can recommend? Price?

Cheers.

I believe train is cheapest at about $550. I had a couple of quotes on cars from Hamilton to Chch on a truck... was about $7-800.

If you get cheap ferry tickets, you could drive yours to Chch and drive the other back.

EDIT - I think this whole deal has something to do with the double engine bay dragon shot posted last night. More BS incest! Love it! :D

Edited by _Mark_

Time is an issue, and long trips in a race car is never an enjoyable experience.

Will investigate train. Cheers mark.

P.S. Perhaps more incest, a car might be returning to Auckland.

I have used Jeffs a lot. Also Pacifica Shipping had a roll on roll off service which I have used twice as cheaper. Not sure if is still happening.

NZ Rail still worries me with their handling of goods ....

I also used Jeff's but from Wellington to Auckland and he did it for $250 cash cos he was going to be returning to AKL with an empty load anyway. Try that maybe?

quoted me $900 to move a pair of immobile E30s to me in welly from auckland, so pricing seems pretty good. Didnt follow through though as i decided i have enough on my plate as it is