Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

E30 Offroaders!

have always thought it would be tits to make an E30 offroader, but the rear suspension setup is really not designed for liftkits and the like. Never the less it never stops those US boys and thier torquey super-etas!

thread here R3v

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit: screwed up img tags

also requested hi-res photos so if anyone wants them PM me and ill send when i get them

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

That is truely ROFL.

Redknecking at it's very best here. Too much time on their hands.

hell yeah eh. i sooooo want one of these its not funny! At least to have a thrash in one!

r3v is blocked on shitty university internet, did they do a 4WD conversion?

think VW beetle baja/beach buggy style + BMW E30 :P

r3v is blocked on shitty university internet, did they do a 4WD conversion?

That ES is RWD only.

They get the IX as well the lucky sods.

hell yeah eh. i sooooo want one of these its not funny! At least to have a thrash in one!

just get yours running and put some big ass wheels on then go nuts over the fire breaks....

just get yours running and put some big ass wheels on then go nuts over the fire breaks....

thats what a beater E30 is for ha. no way id do it my current one

Not quite the same, but there are 3 out my way running the local dirt track. One came 3rd in class this season, and is building a new engine for next year, 300 plus horses. They've fitted V6 holden engines and autos, and go real quick with 4.1 locked diffs. They run staggered tyre sizes and uprated springs as well. Lots of fun.

Not quite the same, but there are 3 out my way running the local dirt track. One came 3rd in class this season, and is building a new engine for next year, 300 plus horses. They've fitted V6 holden engines and autos, and go real quick with 4.1 locked diffs. They run staggered tyre sizes and uprated springs as well. Lots of fun.

Whats with that Holden V6 crap they all love so much? From my experiance they are a gutless old drey of a motor which overheats at the flick of a switch, the ignition switch. Obviously cheap as chips.

Offroad E30 looks like a heap of fun though. Wish NZ had some cool open desert like in those pics.

are you allowed to do that in the non-army areas there or is it all army/state owned and out of bounds? would certainly be neat!