Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

m20b23 head OR parts in it

Depending on whether the cam is munted,

Does any one have a head to suit a m20b23 motor ? are b25 heads the same ?

I have a possibly worn cam, due to some oil problems in the oil rail, and maybe a bung rocker arm. So if i can get a decently priced head i might be tempted to just do the swap, giving me an excuse to do the head gasket

Jonathan

Does any one have a head to suit a m20b23 motor ?

Yup, I have a m20b23 full engine sitting in the garage, I can whip the rocker cover off to check the cam, rockers, etc. if you are interested. Let me know the results of checking your cam for wear. Cheers, JTP

Depending on whether the cam is munted,

Does any one have a head to suit a m20b23 motor ? are b25 heads the same ?

I have a possibly worn cam, due to some oil problems in the oil rail, and maybe a bung rocker arm. So if i can get a decently priced head i might be tempted to just do the swap, giving me an excuse to do the head gasket

Jonathan

I can supply a pretty good cam and a set of good rockers, oil rail if you decide to repair it

I have a 731 head ported to fit 325i manifold and matching manifold, injectors etc but will have to wait a bit to see if I need it on a job but probably won't.

325 head fits but lowers compression a bit but you get the bigger valves so could work ok but never done it

Cheapest and best option is to repair your head on the engine..save on gasket, head bolts.