Sign in to follow this  
tire

Alignment vs. spacers

Hey if I get an alignment now then fit spacers to the rear will they throw out my alignment?

Also, if my wheels aren't hubcentric does that mean they can't be aligned?

Cheers.

Spacers on the rear of your car is going to increase the rubbing problem you already have. It will make it worse without some serious guard rolling Max

It wont throw out your alignment. Not being hubcentric also wont effect your alignment. BUT it is illegal.. My front wheels arent hubcentric to the hub, and aside from the legal issues the only thing I face is getting the wheel on right. Its a matter of doing up the nuts evenly and torquing them all the same.

Guest Simon*

My front wheels arent hubcentric to the hub, and aside from the legal issues the only thing I face is getting the wheel on right. Its a matter of doing up the nuts evenly and torquing them all the same.

Wow! How do you get on with that?

If I run E39 rims on the front without hubcentric rings I know all about it!

Can't you get some rings machined up to save any hassles?

^ that would be the best plan

Spacers on the rear of your car is going to increase the rubbing problem you already have. It will make it worse without some serious guard rolling Max

:D

It wont throw out your alignment. Not being hubcentric also wont effect your alignment. BUT it is illegal.. My front wheels arent hubcentric to the hub, and aside from the legal issues the only thing I face is getting the wheel on right. Its a matter of doing up the nuts evenly and torquing them all the same.

:o really? I get the wobs from like 90kph onwards. Il have another go mounting them then thanks for the tip. Yea I know about the illegality, I've got wof wheels :D

If I run E39 rims on the front without hubcentric rings I know all about it!

Can't you get some rings machined up to save any hassles?

Jono is looking at hubcentrifying my shiz now. I can't get rings machined up becauase apparently they will be too thin which makes them too brittle.

Edited by tastic

Only get wobbles at around 130.. Ive run non-hubcentric for the 2 years or so that Ive owned that wagon and never had any WOF issues or mechanical issues

Just as well you dont goto track days lol

Jono is looking at hubcentrifying my shiz now. I can't get rings machined up becauase apparently they will be too thin which makes them birttle.

I thinkthe best way for us to try and solve this is to attach the spacer to the back of the wheel and put a hubcentric ring in the spacer. Bring all your shizz in and we will have a look at it for you. We may need the wheels for a few days, and it goes withut saying .. you wil need a cert. :)

Edited by zenetti

So turns out my front wheels were 80gm out of balance and I was running a total of -1.84 front toe. So I got that sorted then mounted the wheels as squere as possible with even torque on the bolts and bam, no wobs up to at least 120! Stoked!

my race rims arnt hubcentric.... dont have any issues with them... just make sure they are nice and tight, they dont wobble or anything.