Sign in to follow this  
tire

E30 Ground Control coilovers

It's time to put these up for sale properly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front and back coilovers to suit an E30, made by Ground Control USA (springs are Eibach). No shocks. They are new. Never been used.

I paid a little over $600nzd for these when I was on oz, so I'm looking for realistic offers around that mark.

Thanks,

Max 027 354 5576.

Edited by tastic

Ha whys that? Want to work something out? Just call me.

Edited by tastic

yeah, could be put to good use. PM'd

Can these be used with any e30 shocks? i dont know much about them but seem a good cheaper alternative to expensive coil overs.

How much work is involved installing them? do the height adjusters get mounted on the shock?

Cheers

Can these be used with any e30 shocks? i dont know much about them but seem a good cheaper alternative to expensive coil overs.

How much work is involved installing them? do the height adjusters get mounted on the shock?

Cheers

These are the "expensive" coilovers, all the serious people use GC :)

I believe there is some welding involved to fit them to the front, and I think you can use any shock but I'm not 100% sure - can anyone else (Henry) chip in?

To use these you must get the front perches welded in. PM Ashkan for a contact i think its around $300 . The rears will go in as per normal.

And you will need the correct length shocks if you want them to be captive, suitably short bodied shocks if you want to lower it materially and be captive (short body, not just shorter travel on the normal size shocks) and this is when you have to cut and shorten the strut, and some reasonably brain taxing calculations if you want to do the above.

Edited by CamB

Oh yeah i know that GC coil overs are the expensive ones, but thought that these were different to the full ones that cost a few thousand? Or are these just the same, only they dont have shocks yet?

I thought these were somehow a cheaper version of Ground Controls.. sorry, my bad! :wacko:

They are.

The full set is abit different, these just look to be the springs and adjustable perches? The full set includes short housing adjustable shocks and adjustable top hats.

Sellage.