Sign in to follow this  
welly-e34

e34 stereo install

heres are some pics of some of the kick panel pods i have made out of fibreglass ... they were originally for some 6.5 inch speakers but changed my mind at the last minute stuck some 5.25 splits .

As I said in your ride thread - colour doesn't do it for me, but I think that the construction and fit is fantastic.

Good job man, looks pretty professional. What sort of clearance to you get between gas pedal and speaker- good while drivn? I'm wanting to do an audie install on my car and was wondering on 6.5 components in front.- why did't you go with the 6.5's? Actually with speakers positioned so low in one's car I reckon most (not all) don't really notice the difference between 5.25 and 6.5 for mid range freqs- half decent 5.25's can perform just as well as 6.5's. Still wish BMW positioned front mids on e34s a little higher. Colour: All of nothing is a good general rule:go for all blue or not at all- but then an all blue interior= just another pimped jap import- that's why BMW= cool= different to the rest. What else have you got- amp, sub?

thanks for the positive feedback guy's....... only reason i painted the pods blue was i had some bmw blue that i had leftover from another job if i didnt like it i would have been just as easy to respray in silver but i like it ...i will be fibreglassing my crossover box into the centre piece of my door (grey leather insert) and painting that blue too.ive also made a amp rack on either side of interior boot (moulded in the rear of the boot behind tailight's ) i will get some pics once i have painted them (sitting in primer at the mo) i have made a fibreglass sub box to house two twelves. im also toying with the idea of molding a tv into the inside of the bootlid a bit of xtra bling when i enter shows (not for a while as i will need to fit my new kit to the car).i have made some speaker pods for the rear parcel shelf to house 6.5 inch speakers.only reason i didnt go for the 6.5 in the kick panels was that i got a good deal for the 5.25 splits.

to me man, blue interior dosent look cool in a bmw, everyone to their own, but i think it would look way cooler if u did everything in the interior etc in black, would look way cooler in a black e34, a nice shiny black would look cool round those speakers

Edited by bmwsparkle

Bit of cliche on this forum, but -

werd!

really nice, although not a fan of the colour, the paint really shows off the quility of the work.

what was the methog of contruction? ie is it just a mould of the original panel, with some wood inserts? :bowdown:

Edited by 1N STYL

i went the other way , to make sure everthing is hidden from thieves ,

check out my web pages Posted ImageMy WebpageMy Webpage as well .Posted Image

heard of a guy who had his 6by9 speakers ripped from the rear SHELF though the rear quater windows after they couldn't get in because of the deadlocks .

parked outside his bedroom in the driveway .

Those kicker panel pods really are damn cool.

ever considered marketing them? :huh: id buy a pair...

hey euroboy...or any one else for that matter,

if you want a set i can make you a set just pay for material say about $80(material) for two.

Edited by welly-e34