Sign in to follow this  
Deano

Trade me diagnostic scanners

I am pretty sure, Andy from Wellington got one to try and sort out the issues on his M52 swap.

I know a lot of people have these & are quite happy with them.

But tbh I have one but dont use it after it nuked the obc in my brothers 740.

We had used it before with no probs & on this occasion did nothing differently-it just went nuts -$1100 nuts !!!!

Personally I'd just be getting a peake (or similar) reset tool or code reader.

Bit too much current draw Mark/Rotty? Can happen with a test light too. I couldn't comment on the cheaper scanners, have only been given the learn on middle of the range toys.

yeah thats the one i have. can vouch for them. used them on various bimmers with good results. does quite a bit of stuff. Resets all modules together or individually, does live data logging etc. quite tric for the price. Sorry i didnt check your location, if you are from wellington your welcome to come have a look.

@ 1Rotty: they arent compatible with E38s for some reason as stated on the packaging/install disks and software, so assuing the above mentioned 740 was an E38, that would be why.

@ 1Rotty: they arent compatible with E38s for some reason as stated on the packaging/install disks and software, so assuing the above mentioned 740 was an E38, that would be why.

Interesting-thats definitely not mentioned anywhere on mine. I've had it for 3yrs so maybe the chinese have had hassles lol.

Only other similar prob i know of,now you mention it,was also an e38 dude on Bfest

looking at thier listing they said they have used it on an E38, but the listing i got it off said not to use it iirc. will dig out the manuals to verify now

Thanks-would be good to know. Mine was an ebay jobbie but same v6.5

okay cant find any indication it in my brief look on the disk and manual. on the contrary said its fine for them. maybe i read it somewhere on the forums not to use it on E38s, i know i definately read it somewhere!! Ill edit this post if i find something

I got mine hereChinese place

Arrived in 4 days. Took a bit of work to get it working fully but all good now.

Have only used on my compact so dont know about other models.

Just for interest sake. If anyone has had problems getting carsoft to work follow the instructions here Help go to post 7.

Edited by sp8s

Hi..anyone bought or used one of these..any good?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-294648868.htm

Or anyone in Christchurch able to reset / scan E36 SRS light

Yup i have one, Used it on both my e36 and e46 with no problems, I can reset the airbag light if you want but unless you have fixed the problem that triggered it it will just come back.

Thanks for the help..ended up getting it reset at Jade Automotive for $20