Sign in to follow this  
JiB

I Accidentally a Touring

Lol it comes and goes.wasn't working when I dropped it off at the groomer's. Was just fine when I drove it back though

Snap, I accidentally a Touring too, came home today. :wub:

post-1118-1278759558.jpg

RE the bumper, it took me two years to get it to sit correctly and then I gave up and used cable ties. To make the upper fit correctly you just need to buy some new bumper side mounts, the plastic teeth were broken. The Valance is held in place underneath with the cable ties and sits quite well, it’s not a factory tech II and will never sit properly on the touring I removed the factory mounts as they were way off.

Nice car BTW, I miss it sometimes, was about as stylish a wagon gets in the 10k price range, drove ok too.

Edited by Apex

Snap, I accidentally a Touring too, came home today. :wub:

Lol, techII tourings are infesting the Auckland region. Yours is very nice!

RE the bumper, it took me two years to get it to sit correctly and then I gave up and used cable ties. To make the upper fit correctly you just need to buy some new bumper side mounts, the plastic teeth were broken. The Valance is held in place underneath with the cable ties and sits quite well, it’s not a factory tech II and will never sit properly on the touring I removed the factory mounts as they were way off.

Nice car BTW, I miss it sometimes, was about as stylish a wagon gets in the 10k price range, drove ok too.

Ah, right, makes sense. Yeah she's a nice little thing, does the daily duties well. Though, the load space and size is more like a hatchback than anything :lol:

If you get creative you can fit quite a bit in it, I have managed to fill it with $60,000 worth of clothing, have also managed to get 28 market umbrella’s in the back of it.

Just gotta be careful not to scratch the tints.

Id vouch for the amazing amount of space.. This pic shows subs, two mountain bikes, riding gear, clothing, beers and all the equipment needed to do a boundary survey at my parents beach house. I have also filled it up with a tent, two mountain bikes, sleeping bags, riding gear, and all the gear needed for a 4 day weekend.

Its a mint wagon.. too bad there can only be two passengers when carrying this much stuff.

post-1699-1278914650.jpg

They are suprisingly spacey. Only problem is the weird opening with the tail lights etc. All just memories now..

"amazing" is maybe not an ideal word for it, flexible maybe, amazing no. My 3-Door hatchback can hold more.

Holy sh*t my flatmate just bought that 2nd bike from the left off you Jason ahaa!

"amazing" is maybe not an ideal word for it, flexible maybe, amazing no. My 3-Door hatchback can hold more.

Yea youre right, amazing is the wrong word. What i meant was "good for a small car with stupid tail-lights"

Holy sh*t my flatmate just bought that 2nd bike from the left off you Jason ahaa!

Small world.. Does he like it?

Lol, amazing is definitely not the word I'd have used. I went to pick up some round bar and chromoly tube - turns out the touring didn't like long things. Returned with an corolla which fitted it no problems :lol:

On another occasion, I went to pick up some core for the monocoque - thanks to the funny rear lights that didn't fit either <_<:lol:

But that said, if transporting soft goods, I'm sure the touring is able to fit a decent amount!

Another annoying thing is the rain that dribbles down when opening the boot. I can see why my boot cover is water stained!

Btw, what are you guys getting for fuel consumption? I'm doing 9L/100km, I drive reasonably enthusiastically when the opportunity arises too.

Edited by JiB

I measured 7.68l/100k from taupo to auckland on 95 when mine was auto.