Sign in to follow this  
soarer260@hotmail.com

Areas to clean when your bored or have time.

I took the front end apart over the weekend to clean out the 17 years of dirt and grime front the front wheel arch.

A lot of dirt and matter gets in under the front fenders, so its a good idea to clean it all out.

Heres a quick before and after of how I went on the left side.

Could be cleaner, but heck that will do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heh ^_^

Duuuuuude, that looks B)

Easy to take the side panels off?

Yeah, all the little things count with car care IMO, just because you don't see it everyday doesn't mean it shouldn't be cleaned.

Pretty easy.

You need to take the inner guard out first to access the two front fender screws that connect to the kidney grill trim.

Two screws under the sill, two more on the side parallel to the door hinges and the top 4 torx T-30 screws and 10mm bolt which you need to loosen the second one, those hold the bonnet hinge on. Then they come off, but you need the front pumper off to get better clearance on the front door edge.

Oh and the indicator of course, one screw there.

when i feel i have to have my car really clean i clean behind the fuel filler flap

Now thats what you call a 'Spot Clean'. You wouldnt see valet cleaners doing that. Would make your car last a lot longer too as it wont rust. I always clean inside my rear arches when I wash the car cos thats a bad area for rust, especially when full with mud n stones (I also do it when washing the my Mums & my Mrs cars).