Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Help needed / anyone after a wee project?

My girlfriend this morning crashed her 1999 Citroen Saxo hatch into a parked car. We made the (now) silly mistake of only getting third party insurance.

My options are either fix it or wreck it. Being a Citroen it is never going to be worth a lot of money, but it is a very nice NZ new 1600cc auto and has travelled only 54,000kms - the previous owner cherised it and it really is (was) unmarked. Three months ago I did the waterpump, cambelt and replace two tyres.

Its a bit of pain to organise as I'm now living in Wellington. The damage doesn't sound too bad as it only needs a new headlight, indicator and LF guard. However, by the time you get quoted painting, aligning, etc etc the costs add up!

Does anyone know of a wrecker who could be interested in pricing it, or is anyone here looking for a project?

Thanks heaps for your help!

[EDIT: Car is in Grey Lynn, Auckland. Will try and get a pic of the damage. Will be calling Bishop's tomorrow to see if they want to buy it!]

Here are some pics from earlier in the year:

post-1418-1276495129.jpg

post-1418-1276495142.jpg

post-1418-1276495160.jpg

Edited by Crockett

I can ask around if anyone might want a project car... Also they are basically a 106 so people looking for things mechanically might want it also.

Flick the local Citroen clubs a email and they might have a member or two that might want it...

Also Auto France are a mainly citroen workshop...

Edited by DRTDVL

Thanks for that - will try those contacts!

Would look at any offer over $1000. Surely this could be a good project for someone as I think it would retail on TradeMe for $4000?

aa wreckers may buy it?

aa wreckers may buy it?

You could also try Euroline in Drury as well, they may want it