Sign in to follow this  
jager

good shocks and bushes for a e36

ive noticed lately that my beasty 316i sedan has started to creak over speed bumps and has abit of body roll. So think a few bushes might need replacing, maybe shocks. any suggestions on brands or types?

oh also considering lowering my bmw. sugestions? do i need to shorten shocks, im running smaller mtech rims.

bilstein or koni shocks-these shouldn't need to be shortened depending on how much you plan on lowering the car

H&R springs from forum sponsor

comman bushes and bits that need replacing on e36's are rear control arm bushes, front control arm bushes and rear shock mounts,control arm outer ball joints (i think i've forgotten something)

rcab limiters, e36 m3 front cab's, and e46 rsm, meyle HD outer ball joints are all upgrades over the standard parts

Edited by bbs

bilstein or koni shocks-these shouldn't need to be shortened depending on how much you plan on lowering the car

comman bushes and bits that need replacing on e36's are rear control arm bushes, front control arm bushes and rear shock mounts,control arm outer ball joints (i think i've forgotten something)

rcab limiters, e36 m3 front cab's, and e46 rsm, meyle HD outer ball joints are all upgrades over the standard parts

cheers man top info, exactly what i was after! anymore common bushes etc to go??

can i get that stuff just through ripco? would make things easier haha

whats a compete set of bushes cost for under a bmw?

i know full nolathanes for old mazda is around $300, just no idea on bmw :D/

also are shocks through the different e36's interchangerable? eg 323i shocks, which i assume are abit more stiffer, into a 316i? my brother has a mtech 323i which handles infinatly better, even on 18s

cheers man top info, exactly what i was after! anymore common bushes etc to go??

can i get that stuff just through ripco? would make things easier haha

whats a compete set of bushes cost for under a bmw?

i know full nolathanes for old mazda is around $300, just no idea on bmw :D/

also are shocks through the different e36's interchangerable? eg 323i shocks, which i assume are abit more stiffer, into a 316i? my brother has a mtech 323i which handles infinatly better, even on 18s

Good to see a minitrucker in these parts :) Thought i recognised your user name!

call up gavin at euroitalian for bushes. another forum sponsor he has the best prices

most of the shocks are interchangeable between e36's. Some early e36's(and m3) have a different spring seat and a front swaybar that links to the shock.

what year is your 316?

Good to see a minitrucker in these parts :) Thought i recognised your user name!

haha i lurk many a forum :D

usually the same name to

my daily is a bmw, although a rather tame petrol friendly one haha

call up gavin at euroitalian for bushes. another forum sponsor he has the best prices

most of the shocks are interchangeable between e36's. Some early e36's(and m3) have a different spring seat and a front swaybar that links to the shock.

what year is your 316?

cheers man, its a 1996 im pretty sure.. haha carjam!

BMW 316 1996 (in Blue)

:D where is eurotalian located?

just had a look at the H&R site, nothing for a 316i? do 318i springs fit? also are coupe and sedan springs different?

just had a look at the H&R site, nothing for a 316i? do 318i springs fit? also are coupe and sedan springs different?

you will be fine with 318 springs etc . after 1994 ish sedan and coupe and ti will all work.

you will be fine with 318 springs etc . after 1994 ish sedan and coupe and ti will all work.

thanks for that :D