Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Camber Correction

for those who have seen the car that is almost mine..will have seen the camber....is there kits out there to correct this? is it worth it or should i just live with it? how much and where?

cheers gus

ooh.

I sense another groupbuy coming on.

Who would be keen to get all the parts on that link (even the custom made bits) as a kit?? It could even include the Z3 rear shock reinforcement plates!!

So when you pull the rear subframe to put your bushes in (those who took part in the groupbuy) you can pop down to the local engineer and get the stock holes enlarged and the new bolt mounts welded on, an you could even get the subframe powder coated!!

Sorry for the hijack Gus.

Edited by E30-323ti

ooh.

I sense another groupbuy coming on.

Who would be keen to get all the parts on that link (even the custom made bits) as a kit?? It could even include the Z3 rear shock reinforcement plates!!

So when you pull the rear subframe to put your bushes in (those who took part in the groupbuy) you can pop down to the local engineer and get the stock holes enlarged and the new bolt mounts welded on, an you could even get the subframe powder coated!!

Sorry for the hijack Gus.

hahah can u elaborate for us retards, by we i mean me Edited by ///Dave

No worries ///Dave.

The E30 has fixed rear suspension geometry.

That means when you lower your ride and go for a wheel alignment they can not correct the rear suspension.

What is in that link on Gustuave's site is adding brackets & special eccentric bolts (bolt is off centre to the head).

The brackets which need to be custom made look kinda like this

__

n

u

the head of the bolt stays between the 2 lines and the offset bolt moves forward and back between them (in the elongated cutout).

If it is welded to the subframe in the vertical position it allows you to adjust the Camber.

In the Horizontal position it adjusts Toe.

Clear as Mud???

Have a look at the attached image.

It shows how they work.

As the Hex part of the bolt is turned it moves the actual bolt part up and down in the slot. By doing this it changes the angle of the rear suspension by raising/lower or moving forward/back the pivot point.

post-5-1071691330.jpg

Edited by E30-323ti

Guest Andrew

Have a look at the attached image.

It shows how they work.

As the Hex part of the bolt is turned it moves the actual bolt part up and down in the slot. By doing this it changes the angle of the rear suspension by raising/lower or moving forward/back the pivot point.

doesn't look hard to make..

could you do it?

I could but they wouldn't be the nicest.

I have a friend who operates a CNC machine and I could get him to do them.

I'll wait till the urethane bush groupbuy is all done and everyone is happy, then I'll see who wants one of these camber/toe adjuster kits.

Sound like a plan??

sounds good....got my car....it prob will need camber adjust esp when i use the bottlecaps.....do u have a rough cost estimation?

I'll try and reply again, F*&K'n PC!!!

I have no idea on $$$.

I will look into it in the new year as there seems to be some interest.

Does anyone have a spare rear subframe??

I was thinking I could do all the work on them (welding etc...) and sell them on an exchange basis. eg. you pull out your subframe send it to me and I send you a pre-modded, black powder coated one back the next day so you can install it.

Just a thought.

hmmmm....quite an idea you got going there....like the sound of it...keep up the good thinking

Guest MSBOND

All this talk bout camber i wnt an got a wheel allignment, all im saying is im in for getting some adjusting camber thingis

Edited by MSBOND

Guest Spargo

Holy old thread batman, but Glenn, any word on this? Viability of a group buy etc etc?

so keen right now.....although it does mean ANOTHER subframe pull

might just wait till i get lsd