Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Need a cheap car!

Ok so I've been looking around FailMe and there seems to be sweet bugger all when it comes to a reasonable car for 5k. So just wondering if anyone in the South Island had something or knows of something within the 5k bracket, either 4WD or whatever, would prefer a 4WD and preferably Diesel if possible, would like it to be cheap to run anyway. The reason I want this 2nd car for myself is that the X5 is getting banged around a little bit, I seem to be doing alot of pickups with computers lately and alot of pickups of stock which I didn't intend using the car for!

It seems that with the import laws people are asking up to 10k for e.g 1993 BigHorn with 200km and automatic, Toyota Surf's are 10k with 200km + on them! There's few bargains out there at the moment!

Helfen!

Visit My Website

Not quite what your after, but a great wee car. And would be perfect if we sold it in Dunedin, as we have to go there to pick up her Rav4. :D.

Thanks mate, but not really what I'm after, need something I can bang a few computers and peripherals in every day.

Cheers.

LOL, imagine if your post count's went in the opposite direction for spamming haha!

Get a garage door that won't hit my car!

get a 306!

get a 940!

get a perm!

Get a garage door that won't hit my car!

Whats all this sh*t? Get an E30.

Whats all this sh*t? Get an E30.

FIND ME A DECENT ONE!!! There's sweet FA about at the moment.

Hmmm, closes in 30 years but I'll keep an eye on it :)

Found something, pick it up tomorrow!

These are a great compromise to a truck like Bighorn or Surf for the same money & these things can actually go up hills without requiring 100% effort!

Visit My Website

HI Clint, I've got some bad news. It's about your man card...

LOL, has it been revoked?

Once I'm finished with this little truck it will look mint. Getting prices for a lift and BFG AT's, nudge bar, spotties & a snorkel tomorrow.

was looking at an escudo/vitara before i brought the volvo. those are extremely capable off roading which is what id do with it!

was looking at an escudo/vitara before i brought the volvo. those are extremely capable off roading which is what id do with it!

Yep, thats what I bought it for mainly, that and to do all my dogs body work around town like. The only issue with them is their height which is one of the first things I'll be addressing!

Edited by Clinton

do this!!!

Thats got the M57TUD30 engine in it, just tweaked a little.