Sign in to follow this  
nickchin1308

E39 Windscreen washer jet not working.

Hey guys,

Yesterday in my 530i I tried to spray my windscreen with the washer jet and nothing came out. I thought it was the washer fluid cos it ran out but I checked they were still at least 3/4 full. I then tried using the washer jet for the headlights n that worked once but i tried it again later it doesnt spray at all. I checked the fuses at the glove box for blown fuses but it wasnt that too. This morning I gave the windscreen washer a go n it worked, BUT after i tried again nothing happened. Same for the headlights.

Probably gonna be takin it in to the workshop to check it out but b4 dat

has anybody here had a similar problem like this before?

Cheers

Nick :D

washer pumps offen fail . also in the e39 the hoses split and leak etc

Common problem. We have pumps.

with these I recommend new

give me a yell can source one for you

Jon

04 3801089

Before buying any parts ensure that the washer bottle is absolutely spotless (in the back of drivers wheelarch) If you dont use screen wash the filters get full of sh*t and wont transfer to jets. This is also true of the headlight wash filters.

I had both dead pumps and split hoses on mine. HellBM supplied a new pump but new hoses from BMW were a bit of a rip so I went down to the hardware shop and found suitable hoses and joiners and fixed it myself for $20 or so

Had same thing on my E39 - got a new pump, easy enough to fit - take drivers side front wheel off and the pump is on the bottle under the inner plastic guard cover.

That was on my 540i ,, now my 530i has broken the pump for the intensive clean, so that needs done too :(