Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

E46 colour options, why so much silver.

Is it just me or do most e46's that seem to be around tend to be in silver, Artic silver i think they call it. Do people not have much imagination when purchasing their cars and opt for a different colour or did bmw just think lets make a sh*t load of silver ones.

I could be wrong but most i see seem to be in silver. When i purchased mine one of things on the top of my list was colour. I love my topaz blue and am glad i did not settle for the silver.

Probably mostly Jap imports.

Silver, so I am told, apparently a favourite colour for Japs (one of) in luxury cars

Silver is the colour that has the least objections. Some people would never own a black car, red car etc... Silver is easy to keep clean, won't offend anyone and has supposed good resale. Most dealers order silver colours for stock as they are easier to sell off the floor.

^ all good points but its still a bit boring isn't it? That said I brought a silver car because everything else was right but would have preferred almost any other colour

older bm's suit silver fair better imo.

All of you wash your mouths out ...

Its TI or Titanium Silver ..

:D

All of you wash your mouths out ...

Its TI or Titanium Silver ..

:D

WRONG!! Titansilber Metallic actually :)

Yup!

I've never liked silver BMWs and I refuse to purchase one which is. If I'm going to be spending the money it may as well be on something I'm going to enjoy looking at and if that means that I have to wait for the right car to come along then so be it.

In conclusion, I don't like silver BMWs.

I notice around the car parking place in the city that a huge majority (at lest 90 to 95%) of cars are either silver (varying shades but mostly lighter silver), black or white ... usually the remaining ones will be very dark blue

Makes my car easy to spot though :)

Must be an up north thing. Tried going for a NZ new one if all the Jap ones are silver?

I personally like the silver colour, red also looks good IMO.