Sign in to follow this  
Fabo

E30 323i HELLO!

Hi I'm John I'm from Christchurch I own a e30 323i 1985 I look foward to meeting and talking to you all

Welcome to the forum, Sure is no lack of help on here for the 30's so you will be in your element.

Hello and welcome. I had a 1983 E30 323i manual coupe last year and it was a fun car!

Tell us some more about yours and throw up some pics.

Do you find yours is piss poor till about 3800 rpm then suddenly changes note and starts pulling?

Edited by tastic

Welcome to the forum, Sure is no lack of help on here for the 30's so you will be in your element.

That's good then haha should be helpful

Welcome dude!! awesome to see another Sth islander on the forum.

Yeah , South Island Rules wOoo :D

Hello and welcome. I had a 1983 E30 323i manual coupe last year and it was a fun car!

Tell us some more about yours and throw up some pics.

Do you find yours is piss poor till about 3800 rpm then suddenly changes note and starts pulling?

Hey,

yes it is a very fun car, lots of power from such a small light weight shell !

Well the cars silver in colour, fresh rebuild only done 800km, chrome euro trim, completely standard so far apart from some ugly looking 17'' 7 spoke mags, lowered, a larger exhaust with the 325i whole exhaust system and thats about it.

When I got the car I completely stripped the interior and dash to check it out as it was pissing down with rain for at least a week here in Christchurch and the rear carpet under the drivers seat was soaked. Found out it was a leaking sunroof, ripped out all the carpet and tar (boot etc) and found several rust spots which was surface so I cleaned it up primed and repainted them; but then to my horror I found a spot of rust IN THE FIREWALL to my big disgust that had eaten through! So at the moment I've sent it back to the dealer I bought it from and all the rust is being repaired as well as the leaking seal.

Apart from that the car is in good nick, but first week I had the car some prick decided he would coin it! a**hole!

So overall it was quite a good deal for 5grand :D

And yea I have that too but mine starts to take off at about 2-2.5 rpm but is still very fun . P.S beats Toyota Soarers and standard WRX's

Regards

Will post pics this weekend when my baby gets back

just a rebuilt factory 323i beating V8 and JZ soarers and wrx's? am I missing something? ... you sure they were trying?

Welcome BTW, good to see another chch member, hopefully there will be a meet soon, be good see new faces and new cars...

Welcome BTW, good to see another chch member, hopefully there will be a meet soon, be good see new faces and new cars...

Hopefully one without the bloody rain for a change would be nice.

just a rebuilt factory 323i beating V8 and JZ soarers and wrx's? am I missing something? ... you sure they were trying?

I forgot about that part standard WRX non STi, and funny enough no not the 1jzgte or the V8 but my mates 250hp VVTI 2JZGTE. Very respectable motors I bought the e30 to drive around for a while, then I was going to purchase the twin turbo Soarer, but I fell for this and to be honest I like the purity over the Soarer technological and luxurious perks. And yes the 2jz was trying, only just beats it, his is auto btw.

Thank you, sweet please message me when there is, very keen.

Regards

Hopefully one without the bloody rain for a change would be nice.

Yea lately its not too bad just Fckn cold.

Is this the car that was for sale at Economy Cars? That thing was pretty beat up when I went to look at it. Best of luck getting it back in good nick.

Have to agree with Andrew above, can't believe a stock 323i could even get a look in against a WRX or soarer. :wacko:

stranger things have happened I suppose Mark, LOL

Watch the meetings thread mate, towards spring something will pop up no doubt, CBF'd with winter it can GTFO

^^ +1 , Plus i also vote we all exchange cell numbers so we don't all get fkn lost hahahahahahahahahah

suprised I didnt get any spam and sh*t last time I posted my number haha

Bimmersport Directory in the CHCH meet thread possibly?

^^ +1 , Plus i also vote we all exchange cell numbers so we don't all get fkn lost hahahahahahahahahah

This. hahah.

Welcome mate-to BS & the e30 club.

Handy hint tho. Dont make heaps of threads when one will do lol.

Is this the car that was for sale at Economy Cars? That thing was pretty beat up when I went to look at it. Best of luck getting it back in good nick.

Have to agree with Andrew above, can't believe a stock 323i could even get a look in against a WRX or soarer. :wacko:

Yes it was the silver one there, they've fixed up all the rest should be ready tommorow morning, replaced the seals and its had a fresh rebuild I didn't see too much wrong with it , if you did can you tell me what so I can fix it?

Lol I forgot to mention they're both automatic the Soarer is a non turbo 2jz, and the WRX is stock standard one of the older ones like a v1 non STi.

stranger things have happened I suppose Mark, LOL

Watch the meetings thread mate, towards spring something will pop up no doubt, CBF'd with winter it can GTFO

Haha agreed

Welcome mate-to BS & the e30 club.

Handy hint tho. Dont make heaps of threads when one will do lol.

Thanks

Sorry lol got excited :D

but my mates 250hp VVTI 2JZGTE

the Soarer is a non turbo 2jz

Uh.. yeah, welcome.

Uh.. yeah, welcome.

Sorry just so used to putting in the gte every time I see 2jz :S

Welcome.

What was involved with this "fresh rebuild?"

Hi,

Head , block, new pistons from Germany because apparently thats the only place where you can get them... new rings, rods , pretty sure it was the whole engine but I can always ask the dealer I bought it off.

Regards