Sign in to follow this  
0ghost0

Bmw manual <2.5k

Gday, after a horrible accident with my 325 sedan (http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forum/index.php?showtopic=30007) I have been using a Fiat Tipo runabout <_< and i absolutly hate it with a passion.

Top of my lists are a e30 318i or 325i (Under 2.5k isn't going very well)..

I was looking for some advise on weither a 5 series would be the way to go? I have heard that if something goes wrong with the 5 series they are a mission to get parts for and are more expensive than a e30.

I am keeping a keen eye on this auction: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=295843952

Not a 318 or 325 but looks like the best I can do.

Just wondering if you guys have anything for sale around this price.

Appreciated

not too bad but i suspect you could get a better one for that price.. imo i would go for either a 318 or a 323 or 325..

the 320s seem to be the slowest of them all.

i got my facelift 325i for 1200 so there are deals out there. just keep your eyes peeled.

the 320s seem to be the slowest of them all.

truth. My 316i felt faster..

Posted Image

That one looks all good to me, having just had its cambelt etc replaced, and 320i are crazy fast.

Edited by skrillz

skrillz, can the 320's really stand up to a '25? i mean whats the benefit of a '20 over a '25 beside the fuel bill?

320i can be fast depends what you do to it and your budget,

most people go for the 2.5, as it is easier to gain more power at a cheaper price, bolt straight in

If you find a good 320i you could always convert it to 2.5

pm me, have a customer possibly selling a 325 E30

cheers

Edited by Jono51

i don't think the 320i is any better on gas than a 325i

Well that settles it for me, 320i completely off the cards.

I shall wait patiently, tardme search (BMW, North Island, <4k) every day as i have done so for weeks. :)

Pm Sent

Ok anyone done their research on e32's?

This is screaming my name. I believe it is a bad idea because of all the gizzmo's but i know how amazing the m30 engine is: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=299958923

Have a look and please put your imput in.

Nothing wrong with E32's and cant beat M30. The early 7's do seem to have more electrical gremlins in my experience. Notthat many gizzmo's compared to modern 5's & 7's, about the right amount for without getting to complex imo

I went to look at that one yesterday and was going to buy it for my brother but decided not to. The car had quite a few little problems, nothing major but you would probably have to spend a few hundred if you fixed them yourself. In saying that its still a fairly good deal for a manual if you dont mind getting your hands dirty

Ok anyone done their research on e32's?

This is screaming my name. I believe it is a bad idea because of all the gizzmo's but i know how amazing the m30 engine is: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=299958923

Have a look and please put your imput in.

I quite keen this 735i,coz it is manual.but I just bought jason's 318i.no money to spent.not many manual in 7's.

Still INSANELY keen for any manual BMW's, Might be able to stretch my wallet to 3k.

Still INSANELY keen for any manual BMW's, Might be able to stretch my wallet to 3k.

e e32 would be a lot of car for the money.The self levelling rear suspension would be the achilles heel all the rest of the stuff wouldnt actually stop it running.Same with a five series.The only prob with the M30 is they arent light on the gas.....

Agree'd. The problem is not what to get it's that there seems to be nothing within my price range thats manual. I'm far to obsessed with trade me searching for one, more often than not 2-3 times a day.

e e32 would be a lot of car for the money.The self levelling rear suspension would be the achilles heel all the rest of the stuff wouldnt actually stop it running.Same with a five series.The only prob with the M30 is they arent light on the gas.....

Only self leveling in the iL versions