Sign in to follow this  
pommy

windows dont work!

for some reason my electric windows dont work, I have checked the fuse also checked its the right fuse!

I have changed the window switch just in case still no action has any one got any other ideas?

thanks.

Guest BimmerzE36

for some reason my electric windows dont work, I have checked the fuse also checked its the right fuse!

I have changed the window switch just in case still no action has any one got any other ideas?

thanks.

This might not be the best solution or a solution at all, but have you tried removing the door interior panels, and check to see if there's any play in there, double check the wiring harness and all that ? It might just be something very simple. Its a very easy process if your patient, all you need is Size 20 / 25 Torex drivers I think..

Do you have a button up by your demister button that doesnt have any picture or words on it? Push this, its like a kill switch for your electrics, push it again they come back on.

Edited by M325is

his car is facelift, so if its not there, it will be down on the center console by the gearstick

is it all windows or just one? sounds like you hit the kill switch. either that or there is a common power issue.

do the switches light up when you open the door.?

thanks Guys , I will have a look tomorrow. no I have nt noticed that the switches light up when you open the doors! it is both wondows! I hope it is just as simple as the kill switch it gets quite hot when your driving around.

could also be a faulty switch

have plenty in stock

J&K

JK Southern Euro

04 3801089

thanks Guys have solved the problem ! the dead switch was stuck.