Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Leaking steering pump reservoir.

Going off of the quick question i asked in the quick question thread I got under the car today to find out where this small leak is coming from. Splash guard off i could see oil on the steering pump lines.

Tracing it though it appears to be coming from the top of hose the goes into the steering pump reservoir which is up the top.

This line here to be exact.

Posted Image

This hose appears to be crimped. Looks like the oil is coming from the top of where the line plugs into the reservoir.

But in saying that there was a sheen of oil around the reservoir.

The reservoir looks like its in two parts, top half and bottom half although i do not know if these two separate.

Anybody else ever had this problem. What am I looking at here, would it be easier for me to put it in and have this repaired or is it something i could do myself.

Cut the squeeze clips off and fit hose clips, or fit a new hose with hose clips. Its common for the resevoir to pump hose to leak

Cut the squeeze clips off and fit hose clips, or fit a new hose with hose clips. Its common for the resevoir to pump hose to leak

Cheers Glenn might as well just put a new hose on i think. Just normal hose clamps do the trick on a new hose ??.

Edited by M-Spec

Cheers Glenn might as well just put a new hose on i think. Just normal hose clamps do the trick on a new hose ??.

Yes

Yup all done today, New hoses and full flush carried out, ATF that was in there was gettin pretty dirty.

Yup all done today, New hoses and full flush carried out, ATF that was in there was gettin pretty dirty.

All good... full synthetic I hope

All good... full synthetic I hope

Yup atf dexron 3 fully synthetic

Replace the hose and clamp - had the same problem, hose was past its use by date.

Also clean out the filter in the reservoir if fitted and flush the rack and other hoses makes quite a difference.

best to replace the reservior, if flushing the rack, best way of cleaning the filter

can supply new,

Jon

best to replace the reservior, if flushing the rack, best way of cleaning the filter

can supply new,

Jon

hehe i step ahead of you, Reservoir and both hoses were replaced. Preventive maintenance is the best maintenance. :D