Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

info/opinions needed from audio nuts...

i saw these in a magazine the other day and fell in love.

considering getting them and was wondering if anyone had any USEFULL info or opinions on these.

i have heard some bowers floor standing speakers and absolutely love the sound from them. but unsure as these are the 1st attempt at headphones and also well, you plug it into a mp3 player.....

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx...&terid=4573

Cheers guys..

oli

They look brilliant! Nice style. But they seem very cheap for premium headphones.

I would have a search for some reviews.

Most of the high end headphones only benefit from a good DAC and soundcard. Most MP3 players have very poor sound. Especially shitty Ipods. Man they sound bad.

They look very nice.

What he said.... Sennheiser HD650's are the worst headphone ever to have on an iPod, or onboard soundcard...

As soon as it's amplified and with a decent input... they are the best headphone in the world.

http://store.apple.com/nz/product/TX584ZM/...mp;s=topSellers

Woah. $650nzd applestore though.

Edited by antil33t

This: "Most of the high end headphones only benefit from a good DAC and soundcard."

Anything mid-high end will show the limitations of an iPod’s DAC.

They certainly look the goods! Would love to hear them at their full potential.

I could never spend $650 on a pair of headphones thou lol

Do a search within the forum. Im sure the headphone question has been discussed a number of times.

I have some Grado 125's

And man they are awesome! Retro looking and comfortable. But when I purchased them I was told to buy a DAC or decent sounds card as onboard sound is cheap junk. I didn't. But now I will as soon as I can afford one.

yeah my main concern with them is exactly that... you put them on a mp3 player and they show up all the crap sound... on the other hand it says they are designed for use on ipods, mp3 players. so i wonder if its possible to create ultra sensitive drivers that work of f,a current and create headphones that kind of dumb down the problem frequencies to cover the bad sound.. if you kind of get what i mean..

but yes i am very sceptical of good heaphones on a crap mp3 player.. would be cool if i could try them in a shop before i bought them.

Pretty sure the smaller the driver is (phisical size) uses less current. and if you made a higher quality driver in a smaller package, it would sound better.

I used Senheiser(earbuds) MX550 and 450's with my iPhod, which sounded much better than the standard white earbuds.

Didn't really want huge headphones for my Daily Bus trip when I was 15....

Edited by antil33t