Sign in to follow this  
uncleric0

E36 Headlights

I was just wondering if this is normal.

I have a 94 318i. With out the fog lights on i can't see anything on the road. The lights closest to the centre of the car are on and aren't bright at all. Is this normal?

I was just wondering if this is normal.

I have a 94 318i. With out the fog lights on i can't see anything on the road. The lights closest to the centre of the car are on and aren't bright at all. Is this normal?

Yup its normal the inner ones have the parklights and highbeams. the outter ones are your normal driving lights i think. Have u tried using the thing in your dash to change the angle of lights?

Ohh so the outside ones are suppose to be on too.

They come on when i turn full beam on, but on normal the outside ones are off.

Angling would make no difference.

Thanks for the help.

If the outermost lights aren't on except when you have full beams on, then the low beam bulbs are probably just blown.

I pulled out the outer bulbs and they seem fine. I checked the fuse box and no broken fuses.

Whats wrong :S?

Nothing is wrong. Your inner lights or park lights are on when you turn the light switch into the first position, the outside ones should be off. Park light do not produce any light really just because there are very small bulbs. The low beam lights will turn on when you turn the light switch into the second position. They should provide you will all the light you need, if not try to buy the alpine white bulbs or the new xenon bulbs or whatever they call them. I have installed the HID kit on mine this is so much better than normal bulbs but a bit illegal. So it is your choice really.

Hope that helps.