Sign in to follow this  
beeeamer

help needed with new head unit

i'm finding it pretty hard to find a new headunit that has the few things i'm after.

i'm basically looking for:

rear or rear+front usb or an SD card slot

direct control for ipod

lights that aren't blue or are adjustable.

i've basically come down to the pioneer deh-4250 (sd card slot, red lights), JVC KD-R716 (front and rear USB, but hideous bright blue lights) or JVC KD-616 (adjustable lights so can match them but no SD card slot or rear USB).

basically i'm not keen on a front USB because i don't want a cable hanging over my dash, i'm guessing everything's gone front USB these days thanks to iphones etc and having an SD card slot means i could just load up a card with music and leave it in there with no fluffing about plugging in ipods etc.

anyone know of any other units that might suit?

jvc kdr 905 and 805

both have adjustable lighting,got bluetooth as well

i'm basically looking for:

rear or rear+front usb or an SD card slot

direct control for ipod

lights that aren't blue or are adjustable.

i've basically come down to the pioneer deh-4250 (sd card slot, red lights), JVC KD-R716 (front and rear USB, but hideous bright blue lights) or JVC KD-616 (adjustable lights so can match them but no SD card slot or rear USB).

basically i'm not keen on a front USB because i don't want a cable hanging over my dash, i'm guessing everything's gone front USB these days thanks to iphones etc and having an SD card slot means i could just load up a card with music and leave it in there with no fluffing about plugging in ipods etc.

anyone know of any other units that might suit?

Sony Xplod do some good stuff that match the interior lighting of Bmws.

this is what i got for my 3 cars using a portable harddrive in the glovebox(with uncompressed music) or you can use a ipod , usb stick etc etc , has bluetooth for cell phone etc as well .

can adjust the colour of the screen to what ever you like except the blue around the vol and back light behind the buttons

post-279-1278809112.jpg

post-279-1278809217.jpg

post-279-1278809338.jpg