Sign in to follow this  
275gsr

97 bmw 318i head removal

do you have the skills and tools to remove a head? You should be able to find all the details online without too much hassle

yes i do just that i can remove the head of my Gsr thats DOHC and with a timing belt, but my brother in laws bmw is SOHC and it has a timing chain so not too familiar with timing chains? ive looked around on this site for a manual for this particular bmw model but i find it hard to find. any help would be helpful?

thanks ^_^

yea i checked all that but not a good detailed section on removing the head? anyone have just a basic outline and procedure on how to go about this? thanks

don't mean to be blunt but if you cant figure out how to take the head off a 318i(which is reasonably easy) I would suggest you would be better to get someone who knows bmw's to do it, or get a manual and do it that way...i think it would take too much explanation on here. good luck my man

don't mean to be blunt but if you cant figure out how to take the head off a 318i(which is reasonably easy) I would suggest you would be better to get someone who knows bmw's to do it, or get a manual and do it that way...i think it would take too much explanation on here. good luck my man

I would agree. There is so much info to do it right so you can still put it together again properly. You will also need a selection of a few special tools that you may not have or easily get your hands on

info on here is not very specific....well thanks anyways well i thought thats what forums were for, to learn and give things a go, i guess i was wrong, algudz...but once again thanks for your replys and advice

Edited by 275gsr

You are right mate, forums are for answers. but if there were a simple and easy explanation, you would have got it...in this case there's not...Plenty of info out there in the big wide web though. either download a manual or fork out the few dollars, so that in the long run you will save yourself some time and $$