Sign in to follow this  
slideways

my 318 e30

exactly...... lol tim how's your floorpan and chaasis rails look???

mate of my brothers has a 320 f/l thats abvout as low as yours, if not lower.... sills are all munched up and sh*t... i guess it depends on how ya treat it and sh*t but still, f**k that!!! i used to constantly rip the exhaust off my mini which was only about 60-70 mm off the ground (never had a problem with wofs either lol), can't see why you would wanna go below 100mm....

my 320 is just my old daily hack which ive had for over 18 months (now driven by my borther) i never bothered doing anything to it cause it aint in that great cond and kept looking around for a nice 318 which i could add wheels to etc, which i have am now doing.

kept looking around for a nice 318 which i could add wheels to etc, which i have am now doing.

hey man why did you wanna go with a 318 and not a 325 or 320??

just keen to find out why ppl go for them over the 6cyls :)

hey man why did you wanna go with a 318 and not a 325 or 320??

just keen to find out why ppl go for them over the 6cyls :)

i would much rather have a 323 or 325 but i wanted good fuel economy, and the 4cyls handle really well due to the fact there isnt a big lump of metal up front which makes them much nicer to drive.

i accually prefer driving my 318 compared to the 320, the better diff ratio and more revvy engine makes up for the tiny loss in power and makes it just as fast in a straight line as well as round corners. B)

Good summary Slideways, Thats the exact reasoning for my purchasing a 318i over a 320i at the time, it's more fun having an engine which is rev happy and handles great than a sedate (albeit faster) 320i - not saying they don't handle nicely though. Pity I didn't hold out and go for a manual though.

PS: Don't forget to colour code the bumpers!

yea cheers Surge

im highly considering color coding the bumpers, mirrors etc but for now driver seat repair (typical :( ) is at the top of the list.

hmmm chromes = negative chamber which means the inside of your wheels get bald quick as D; i have 0 tread on my rear tyres on the inside.

How does chrome = negative camber?

Lowering = negative camber.

Get your tires rotated on the rims to double the life of them.