Sign in to follow this  
Simon 328M

Spacers-whats legal

The reasons to have wheel spacers fitted to your car are to clear calipers or suspensions, to get more grips, to make your wheels sit wider, to make your ride looks phat, to improve handling and perfect for drifting.

lol.

Why is he selling illegal spacers? Isn't there a rule against this sort off thing?

While on the topic of spacers. Where is the best place to get them from? Ie price. Im looking for a Hubcentric bolt on type. 10-20mm

Most companies sell them for $200-$250 a pair. But can get them from the states for $90 US plus postage which looks the be the cheaper option. Any recommendations in NZ?

I am running 15mm Rogue Engineering Hubcentric Spacers, they come with longer lug bolts.

IIRC I got them from Bimmerworld (with a bunch of other stuff).

RE Spacers

Posted Image

Edited by E30-323ti

Interestingly, you can run any spacer you like on a race car up to 30mm (IIRC).

Anyone know where to get longer bolts? I need ones that are about 3mm longer (no spacers... but wheels have a thicker mounting surface).

Why is he selling illegal spacers? Isn't there a rule against this sort off thing?

Interestingly, you can run any spacer you like on a race car up to 30mm (IIRC).

Spose this is the loop hole, it should state in the Auction that these aren't road legal and won't comply with cert rules.

I am running 15mm Rogue Engineering Hubcentric Spacers, they come with longer lug bolts.

IIRC I got them from Bimmerworld (with a bunch of other stuff).

RE Spacers

Perfect, cheers!

I posted then deleted it earlier last week as you said you were into the bolt in type..

However I bought 16mm hub centric ones from driven performance.

Theyre anodised

http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scripts...?idproduct=1269

I use them with the race wheels. They still need counter sunk grub screws drilled into the wheels to be legal and longer bolts which I have some spare if you need some. Will sell for cheap.

Initially I was but they seem pricey and most of them are to big for what im after. Please explain "counter grub screws being drilled into the wheel" ? All you need is longer wheel bolts for this spacer? Correct me please :)

Initially I was but they seem pricey and most of them are to big for what im after. Please explain "counter grub screws being drilled into the wheel" ? All you need is longer wheel bolts for this spacer? Correct me please :)

I am not sure what the laws are in Aust but here any spacer/adaptor must either be mounted to the hub(bolt on type) or to the wheel (what Josh did) to pass an LVV cert. I can only assume the rules in OZ will either be the same or tighter. :)

Ahh I see, those spacers will have to be bolted to the wheel then attached to the hub with longer bolts. Spacers here of any form are completely illegal, these will be for show :)