Sign in to follow this  
gusti4u

Hi from EU!

Hi!

My name is Kris. I'm 37 years old and I'm bimmer lover... ;) I owned maybe 4 or 5 bimmer so far, but at the moment I drive volvo (my fatherinlaws).

So, I'm from Slovenia EU and me and my family (wife and son) are very interested to move to NZ.

I have in mind Auckland or somewhere close.

How is life downunder?

can you give me some info in general !!!!

Thanks

Palmerston North is the place to be. Just kidding =D Auckland is a pretty big busy town that never stops cars everywhere.

But yea welcome to the forums and enjoy yourself im pretty sure some Auckland boys will give you some better info of there "Lovely City"

why most beemers have automatic transmition (in eu is 90% of all cars manual transmition)?

What are the costs with car(without service) per year ( in here the cost are if you are careful driver for 10 years you have -50% on insurance and it's about 400nzd and for Technicar review about 300nzd and for using highway 180nzd) ?

I have a lots of questions, so I'll ask them if I may.... ;)

Have a look at this thread. may answer a few questions you have!

Welcome to Bimmersport and hopefully NZ! What BMWs have you owned?

I use to own

e21 315 1982

e30 320 1986

e30 318 1985

e36 318TI 1997

among other cars ... I use to change a car every year...

but most fun was e30 320i! e30 is still most beautiful car that was made ever!!!!

thanks for the link!

Whitch town or city on nothern island do you recomend is good to live in and raise a 4 year old boy and also that there is no problem for finding a job and the small houses of apartments are for normal price?

Are you set on the North Island?

What industry are you looking at getting into / currently in

Some places are better suited depending on what your area of expertise is

Some of us Southern blokes (South Island anyway) would say keep away from Auckland, but that is more likely because we have never lived there ourselves :)

I'm just jealous because all the good E30 deals end up being in the North Island

You will love it here.

Far better than being part of the EU. More space, less people, great roads. Though NZ has its flaws too.

Though speaking on the 'EU' I find it sad how European countries individual identities have been weakened with this European Union BS over the last decade or two.

Hi!

Thanks for all answers!

We're waiting any time to get email what are our chanses to get visa.

So I'm bookbinder (for 16 years) and I have been manager in shop

and my wife have university graduate in biology, but she is working as sales manager for pharmaceutical firm (GSK)

Tomorrow we're going to summer vacation. so have a nice time and a lot of posts ^_^ until I'm back ;)

by

Kris

Hi!

I still don't have any info about our visa, so...... :huh:

Do you realy have so mutch rain on winter?

every time I look at the weather report there is rain :(

greetings from Slovenia

Hi!

I still don't have any info about our visa, so...... :huh:

Do you realy have so mutch rain on winter?

every time I look at the weather report there is rain :(

greetings from Slovenia

Kind of, the weather can be extremely unpredictable. The last couple of weeks its been raining heavily followed by some sun and more rain over and over throughout the day.

Occasionally we get a couple of weeks of mint clear weather in Winter, but mostly rain, summer can be a little the same, fair bit of cloud but quite often a good week of sunny weather but then it could rain the following week and be windy.

Makes planning camping trips (for example) a little tricky.

From my experience the South Island usually tends to have the best weather, especially in summer.

Edited by Mike-E36

I don't think you should automatically assume Auckland is the best place to live, being born and bred in the south i would obviously say we have more to offer down here but to be honest i think Wellington is the place i would most likely live in...i say this as it gives a bit of both worlds, laidback lifestyle yet busy enough to keep people interested.

Now if you would like a lifestyle that is reasonably quiet, being able to lake/river fish, hunt, be at the beach or mountains within an hour drive the south island would more likely suit you.

Weather wise, the North island is warmer though the average rain fall is higher apart from the west coast...but really if it were weather you were wanting NZ would not be anyones first choice ;)

Hawkes Bay in the nth island & Nelson in the sth island have the best/warmest climates in NZ-& the people are way cooler too :P