Sign in to follow this  
e30david

New E30 owner (Chch)

Hi all, I'm David from Christchurch. Last week I bought a light green 1983 320i auto, NZ new. Its done almost 300,000kms

It has some of the E30 issues like a worn/torn driver's seat, cracked dash etc which I have read about on this forum in the last week. Its mostly standard apart from a dual outlet rear muffler and a CD player. Overall its quite a nice car and runs well

I prefer manuals so will look at getting a conversion done at some stage.

Am arranging a cambelt/waterpump replacement asap - the guy I bought it from told me he had not replaced the cambelt in the 10 years he had owned it (but he had only done 70,000kms in that time apparently). Once thats done I am looking forward to driving it - I have had it sitting at home since I bought it until I get the cambelt done. It would be just my luck for the belt to break after all that time!

It will be great to have this forum for advice and info.

Cheers, David

post-6000-1279965965.jpg

Welcome David, look forward to seeing you at a meet sometime soon! Is the colour of your E30 Platinum Green or a shade of silver?

Hi Mark, many thanks for the welcome. My car is a light green metallic so I am guessing that makes it Platinum Green.

Welcome David, look forward to seeing you at a meet sometime soon! Is the colour of your E30 Platinum Green or a shade of silver?

there is a meet? when mark? :)

EDITWelcome daveRude buggers these e28 owners lol) there is a meet? when mark? :)

Welcome to the e30 club mate-more advice & info here than you'll ever need (& quite a bit you wont want ^_^ )

Welcome David, this is a great community.

oh yea sorry, us e28 owners lose their manners after awhile because they are to busy dealing with their fken car problems :P

welcome buddy, enjoy the stay.

Welcome to the forum. Never seen an e30 in that colour, looks good!

there is a meet? when mark? :)

When it's abit more summer like i'd imagine

Welcome BTW

Many thanks for the welcome everyone. I must say I hadn't seen an E30 in this colour either - maybe it was only available in the earlier models?

The car has just gone in to get the cambelt and waterpump done so it will be good to do some driving after that.

I would be keen to come along to any meets that were being arranged

Welcome to the forum. Never seen an e30 in that colour, looks good!