Sign in to follow this  
Linden

What goes bang snap in the night?

Before i get rid of some of my scrap metal i thought i'd take some pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If anyone needs half shafts replaced I would recommend Linden, he can do it with his eyes shut!

Destroyer! Doing what it got built for i guess haha!

I probally could lol most of them were done in the dark... you can tell the difference between the 318/320 and 325 halfshafts, smaller ones break the shaft inside the cv, 325 just break off the spline part. broke 3 of each lol

is that an open diff behind all that power?

Nup it was welded, you can see one of the spider gears is missing (it broke into bits), the others also have missing teeth and the case around the spider gears has a massive crack on both sides, it all disintergrated haha

1st lock diff lasted me till about 3 months ago then broke somewhere on the inside of the output shaft on one side somewhere, the one in the pic is a smallcase i welded up while looking for a lsd, lasted about a week, 2 spider gears shattered into about 4 bits other gears have missing teeth and outside shell cracked the whole way around making me immobile lol,

also tore the rear 2 boltholes off the subframe can put up a pic of the plate i welded up tho lol

And you can see exactly why I don't have an E30 / E36 Compact backend in my E30 anymore!!!!