Sign in to follow this  
ler4_war

E36 REAR FOGLIGHTS NOT WORKING (LHS)

Hi Guys, I need some help with my Rear Foglights,its not working although the Right Hand Side is working, ive tried replacing the bulb and still does not work. Im pretty sure the fuse is well coz the Right hand side is working. Here are some pics and the wiring. thanks guys..

post-6037-1281080407.jpg

post-6037-1281080421.jpg

post-6037-1281080436.jpg

Someone may have attempted to disconnect them?

Doesn't really matter though you're not suppose to use them and they irritate other drivers. (unless it's actually foggy)

Edited by antil33t

Someone may have attempted to disconnect them?

Doesn't really matter though you're not suppose to use them and they irritate other drivers. (unless it's actually foggy)

i really want them to be fixed for emergency purposes. do you see anythng wrong with wiring? any suggestions that i can do, or d-i-y..thanks..

I'd suggest getting yourself a wiring diagram from somewhere, have a google around there should be HEAPS.

and start looking from there aye.

test the socket for power with a multimeter ect.

If it's a jap import it would have come from the factory like that. Mine is the same, you only really need one anyway....

If it's a jap import it would have come from the factory like that. Mine is the same, you only really need one anyway....

its a euro import, it has bulb on it before i replaced it with a new one,meaning it was working before. really dont know how to read wiring diagrams.. do u think there is missing in the wires?

Yeah, I would put money on the wire not being there. Would be easy enough to run a wire from the right to left.

Yeah, I would put money on the wire not being there. Would be easy enough to run a wire from the right to left.

cool if thats the case ill just tap the wire from right going to left.. arent they going to cause shortage? sorry im kind of an amateur with electricals.

Pretty sure that e36's came from factory only having the drivers side foglight (side which is against center of the road) operable, as they can be mistaken for brake lights.

I suppose if you really wanted to you could wire it up, but I am not sure why, or for what sort of emergency you would need them both.

Only the R/H one is wired to work. I disconnected mine and rewired them for brake lights instead of fog lights

Edited by *Glenn*

Only the R/H one is wired to work. I disconnected mine and rewired them for brake lights instead of fog lights

Yup thats what I did to mine when I had it, Those rear fogs are nothing but a pain in the arse if you are behind them.

Please don't rewire your Rear fog lights.

Its the most annoying thing when your behind some douche who doesn't turn them off.

I was behind a 5 series this morning with the burning eyes on :angry:

agreed i have functional rear fogs and i make a point of making sure they are never on.Sorry i have used them once in anger in 8 years.Really heavy rain storm,most people were pulling over ,i was going quite slowly i didnt want some half wit running into the back of me.

ohhh,, if thats the case ill just rewire it as break lights then, do you know a simple d.i.y on how to do this? coz i cant understand the wiring diagrams, and wouldnt it coz electric shortage, may be the fuse might get short..

post-6037-1281140472.jpg