Sign in to follow this  
gouba

Damaged rocker arm

So somehow the intake rocker arm on cylinder 1 has been damaged and a part has chipped off it. This has meant that whilst it can still hold the eccentric and a bolt at the moment, I hold little hope for it being anything more than an emergency fix.

I dont have the time (or most likely the skills) to fix it. How much should I expect to pay to get this sorted? I fear I am out of pocket big time with this one.

Edited by gouba

The head needs to come off to do the job properly... and yes it is very expensive if you can't do it yourself

So somehow the intake rocker arm on cylinder 1 has been damaged and a part has chipped off it. This has meant that whilst it can still hold the eccentric and a bolt at the moment, I hold little hope for it being anything more than an emergency fix.

I dont have the time (or most likely the skills) to fix it. How much should I expect to pay to get this sorted? I fear I am out of pocket big time with this one.

You can do it with the head in place. The hardest part is getting the rocker shafts to slide out. If you are in Chch I can do it for you...

You can do it with the head in place. The hardest part is getting the rocker shafts to slide out. If you are in Chch I can do it for you...

I had to do some thing similar, either as glen said head come off, or do what i did and leave head on, take engine out.

Depending on what you have, will suit which one. I like to leave the head on, because if i take it off, i plane it, and do the bottom end while im at it.

You have to carefully more the valves/cam round to get it out with out doing any thing stupid / ruining another rocker, quite easy if the engine is out to do it by your self