Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

After months of searching

It's a 2001 Alpine White E39 530 Motorsport. It has 55,000KMS on it, I'm stoked with the low mileage.

Importer wants $16K and I'm assuming I'll be paying around that mark. It's on its way from Japan now, due to arrive this weekend.

I've put my deposit down on it already, refundable if the car is not what I'm looking for but in all honesty it looks pretty straight but I guess we'll find out when it gets through compliance.

I've been lucky enough to pick up a Beltronics RX75 Plus off my dad, I'm wondering if anybody can recommend an affordable installer because I don't want to go messing around in there when I've got such minimal knowledge. Dad had his new detectors installed by Hyper but from what I remember that was quite costly.

Also looking forward to getting Seth@Carfolie's "Solar Black"(?) tints done all round.

But the thing I'm most looking forward to is getting back into a BMW after driving around my Nissan Sunny for 2 weeks :unsure:

Insurance question:

I'm insured on a commercial policy as an unnamed under 25 driver. Although this has a high premium, fortunately I don't pay for much of it. In saying this, I don't think putting a set of $1K wheels on the car will much affect the premium at all (and I'll have to contact the insurer to get a final answer) but what do insurers usually say to aftermarket wheels etc.

Sounds like a great find. Cant wait to see some photos :)

It started off as me looking at another one the same importer had, with 19" ACS wheels and a Supersprint exhaust system which he wanted 16K for as well I believe, I went to look at that car for a second time and decided it probably wasn't for me, the 115KMS on it suggested so as well. And then he mentioned he had another on it's way and things took off from there.

Pics to come after school haha I'm already running late. See you guys this afternoon.

Nice work - look forward to seeing some pics.

White E39s look awesome.

And that's a great price!

6100k/year? Sitting in traffic much.

Get a good inspection.

6100k/year? Sitting in traffic much.

Get a good inspection.

agreed, definatly worth getting glenn to have a look at it!

Edited by ilovetheE30

Yup I will definitely be getting an inspection.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by M530i

Nice, Good score for somebody still at school huh!

Haha yeah definitely :wub:

Looks really nice in white, well done with the nice k's.

Just because it's got low k's doesn't mean it's sat in traffic alot, there's a possibility that it just hasn't been used!

Edited by Clinton

Looks really nice in white, well done with the nice k's.

Just because it's got low k's doesn't mean it's sat in traffic alot, there's a possibility that it just hasn't been used!

Thanks! Arrived Friday, goes through compliance tomorrow. Should see it Tuesday, checked by Team McMillan and then arrange loan Wednesday? Haha just cannot wait. Took long enough to find the right one though. ^_^ and still not sure if it is.

Thanks! Arrived Friday, goes through compliance tomorrow. Should see it Tuesday, checked by Team McMillan and then arrange loan Wednesday? Haha just cannot wait. Took long enough to find the right one though. ^_^ and still not sure if it is.

An 18yo with a 530i MS, nice! Looks like AM headlights?

If I can get into one of those before I turn 48, I would be happy. You must be estatic!

Congrats, I hope it is everything you want it to be!

An 18yo with a 530i MS, nice! Looks like AM headlights?

If I can get into one of those before I turn 48, I would be happy. You must be estatic!

Congrats, I hope it is everything you want it to be!

Yeah I think the headlights might be AM. Yeah, I am really stoked with it. I've done a lot for dad over the past year and a half and I guess he's recognized that which I'm pretty surprised at because until now I thought it had gone unnoticed but I suppose not!

After many delays with compliance and port

Backlogs I'm picking the car

Up after school today.

Your losing the crystal headlights right? :P

Nice car though, will have to check it out during the next Akl meet.

Haha would be great way to start the weekend if I wasn't going away on Sunday morning for a week haha. Kept the headlights which is great! Compliance took my tints though but I was gonna take it to Seth anyway. Now even more reason to get it in there faster :)