Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Oil spewing from an odd location

Right this problem, may be related to taking the cam in and out, all proceedures were followed carefully, nothing was slammed / wacked, cam was polished etc.

So in the photo below, you will notice i am pointing to the top left corner of the head. Which im meaning cylinder 6, intake side. I may not be pointing to the exact location, but there abouts, may be closer to under the cam. But when its running youll see a big puddle of oil go up in volume, and over the side

Intense amounts of oil pressure is coming out there, and spewing over the rocker cover.

Any clue ? This is quite urgent, as its spilling about 1/2 litre per 10 second run

Cheers

post-727-1281743810.jpg

Edited by 325_driver

O, and if possible,

does any one have any links, to a running m20, under the rocker cover, to see what a decent amount of oil coming from the oil rail is. Oil rail along the top was taken off, cleaned etc

it doesn't appear to be squirting, more so dripping

O, and if possible,

does any one have any links, to a running m20, under the rocker cover, to see what a decent amount of oil coming from the oil rail is. Oil rail along the top was taken off, cleaned etc

it doesn't appear to be squirting, more so dripping

I believe it has been diagnosd, which actually is a PAIN IN THE ####, it would appear (this is my brothers car that he wanted me to attend to, i dont think i would get caught doing silly things like this)

That when he was wacking the rocker rails in, he may have punched a hole in the side of one, e.g. oil spewing out the end !

Might grab a photo of it, when its out