Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Engine out times

Since alot of the people on here, have ripped engines out of their cars constantly, or if your a e30 owner, probably 2 times a week or some thing stupid.

What sort of times do people have for cleanly, take note cleanly getting a engine out of the car.

Due to a stupid fault in the head, we had to rip the engine out again, just after it went in.

Managed to keep the engine extraction in under an hour ! With 2 people

Would be interesting to see what sort of times there are with other peoples engine transplants, how many people, tools, gear etc

It takes me longer to jack the car up and get it onto jack stands than it does to have everything unbolted and ready to pull. Takes 10 mins to pull it out. By myself.

It is dead easy with the PFL.

I just leave the loom attached to the motor, undo the power steering pump and clutch slave. Driveshaft, exhaust headers, radiator pipes and unit, push gear shifter through hole, gearbox mounts, engine mounts. Pull out.

Though the first time is much different. Especially if you try to do silly things like split the motor and box while in the car and you don't own any torx keys.

Stuff that. I have just taken one out of the parts car. And once it comes back from its build I need to take out the old one and put in the new one again. I am over it even if it is easy.

Stuff that. I have just taken one out of the parts car. And once it comes back from its build I need to take out the old one and put in the new one again. I am over it even if it is easy.

i would have to agree there, it takes more time prepping getting the car ready. e.g. jacking the stupid thing up, especially if you dont have axel stands, much like our first time, of about 3 days removal time.

But after its out you soon realize how fed up of removing an engine you are