Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

E36 Coupe Interior Decision

Okay well after living with my interior as it is now for a while, I've decided that I want to change it and get it looking good again.

Currently my door cards are black with white cloth inserts which is getting a little dirty and a gray dashboard and the standard grayish seats.

Kinda want to change my dashboard to a black one and with black half leather seats and with matching door cards... I've seen a thread on another forum about removing the dashboard but it seems a bit complicated (i've never removed a dashboard before).

Do you think its worth doing this.. or would it be easier just to sell my car and get one that I want?

My car currently runs alright, jatco jerk when cold but has a few scratches on the body. Just want a tidy looking interior.

Ideally to make it easier I would prefer to find gray door cards to match my dashboard and return it to its original state but no one seems to have any.

Note: Still a student, so like most.. im on a budget.

Edited by Brenton

Okay well after living with my interior as it is now for a while, I've decided that I want to change it and get it looking good again.

Currently my door cards are black with white cloth inserts which is getting a little dirty and a gray dashboard and the standard grayish seats.

Kinda want to change my dashboard to a black one and with black half leather seats and with matching door cards... I've seen a thread on another forum about removing the dashboard but it seems a bit complicated (i've never removed a dashboard before).

Do you think its worth doing this.. or would it be easier just to sell my car and get one that I want?

My car currently runs alright, jatco jerk when cold but has a few scratches on the body. Just want a tidy looking interior.

Ideally to make it easier I would prefer to find gray door cards to match my dashboard and return it to its original state but no one seems to have any.

Note: Still a student, so like most.. im on a budget.

Whether you sell your car or fix it up to what you want you are going to be spending money.

Its probably easier to do yours up, I would usually think, but if you have never taken out a dashboard I would have reservations giving you that advise.

The only other alternative is to sell yours, but amongst other things you have the dreaded jatco jerk.

Personally, I would get chummy with some dudes on here, maybe go to some of the meets, and see if you can rouse some attention to your dilemma.

E36's are being disassembled every other day, black dashboards are not that hard to find, cards in decent nick are quite a bit harder, but most a mud anyway. All you need is an E36 being wrecked and take what you can, a motorsport pref, as you like the MS seats (half leather ones) probably be other stuff you may like too like the black headliner.

What you really need is someone to help you without relieving you of too much coin in the process.

That jatco jerk is a bugger

Have a yarn to our sponsors, they have these conversations everyday.

Hey Brenton..

There are heaps of thing you can do to your current car to make the interior better.

I went through the same thought process when I had my E36.

One thing I now seem to do on all my cars is change all of the headlining and pillars to black suede or grey suede. It makes a huge difference to the car.

As for the seats it is cheap enough to buy a set of half leathers from Brent or Ray (sponsors)

Even last week another mate of mine decided he was fed up with his interior and we went up to Ray and picked up a half leather sports interior and one the way home picked up some suede and we just chucked the seats in and we retrimed the door card inserts with black suede. Looking so much better now.

I'll try find some picures of the stuff I have done to my cars so you can get a idea of some options you can do.

and if your are running any kind of standard seat and want to change them moving to a sport seat makes a huge difference!

/\/\ Plush.

Quick threadjack, do coupe seats bolt into a sedan?

Heres the old thread from the stuff I did on my E36 Here

And here are some pics of the stuff I have done on the E39...

Posted Image

Heres the old thread from the stuff I did on my E36 Here

And here are some pics of the stuff I have done on the E39...

Wow, the suede roof liner looks good. Nice work Ryan.

^

Have you lost some weight?

Why yes I have, thanks so much for noticing ^_^

That recover does look great and that write up is very helpful, I used a Ados product and it only lasted a few months, its dropping already <_<

Will get some of that 3M Hi-Strength 90 spray adhesive and re-do it.

Anthracite roof lining on my 1986 1.3 Corolla XL owns my face, makes it feel so sporty.