Sign in to follow this  
djasonz

Should i trade my 2009 e92 325i to 2007 e92 335i?

To be fair last year in April second hand car pricing was at a real low.

Agree that it’s too expensive though, wonder what it was traded for :huh:

Edited by resident know it all

To be fair last year in April second hand car pricing was at a real low.

That is true ... It was right in the middle of the recession and dealers were slashing prices left right and centre just to move cars and it didn't last very long either, it was sold within days.

The 335i definitely holds value well though, well above average compared to other performance oriented BMWs.

60,000KM + 2007 (3 Years Old) so should be like what 2/3 the price now ?

Brand new its like 120grand?

If you got it down to 59grand you'd have a bargain lol

lol @ rjs how many times man, once a week for weekend fun yea?

in general, bargains don't come along often

I've followed Mercedes CLK coupes in the 2004-2006 range for the past 6 months and there was only one true bargain which was a Black CLK 320 with low mileage that was on trademe a few months back for around $36,000

It sold within 2 weeks

Anywho give it time, the longer the dealer takes to sell it the more they'll be inclined to talk bizness

Slightly off-topic but still about the car... How much would an exhaust mod like that cost?

Second hand pricing at the moment sux to be honest, I think that’s why new car prices are on the up and up, with an influx of new car sales the second hand market should settle down a bit.

A year or so ago we picked up a 05 E60 545i for less than they are selling for today, we sold it for about the same they are still going for also, should have held onto it for longer. My current car was purchased a year ago and I have been offered $4k more than I paid for it back then.

Must remember the 335i was huge deal when it came out and had a award winning engine and was the flagship model with the best options, they are still very much sought after.

Bolt an LSD in one and chip it and fit it with some Eibach springs you have yourself a great performance car.

Clinton, is your Signature shot from up above Brockville on Dalziel Rd,

Looks stunning

Yes mate, dirty old Dalzeil Road. Rest of the pics are HERE

you should do it Jason, show ur Honda mates RWD and 6cylinder power is the way to go

Ok, the exhaust is a Remus professionally fitted by the Remus importer. It was done within 2 weeks of buying the car. The car was $134k new with the options it has. (Yeah, all the money brains will work out the exact $ and cents I have lost, meh. Focus on that and you will only get that! Big picture people!)

Anyway, That engine does get the mileage they claim. On a long road trip it will cruise in at 8.8 per 100. Around town it gets up to 11 or 12 depending on your foot.

The power comes in at 1700 rpm and it is a flat torque curve to redline basically. They put out more kw than BMW claim and the 0-100 is quicker than the 5.5 claimed. Drive it and you will see what i mean.

Basically, I'd buy another 335 again. Loved every minute in it and would recommend it

Yeah nice, your in a M3 now though huh?

The loss you've suffered won't be so bad if you're in business?

Basically, I'd buy another 335 again. Loved every minute in it and would recommend it

But you got the M3 :)

How much was the exhaust? Do you recall?

Yeah nice, your in a M3 now though huh?

The loss you've suffered won't be so bad if you're in business?

Yes, e90 m3, bloody awesome machine too!

I see it as a change of situation rather than a loss of money. Money is an enabler, not a dictator in my world!

But you got the M3 :)

How much was the exhaust? Do you recall?

2k fitted from memory...

wow im suprised the actual previous owner would be on the forum let alone another person with a 2004+ bmw lol

I've got an e30 325i/4 too! That's how I end up on here...

hey guys. i kinda just saw a nice e92 2007 335i on trademe from jerry clayton it has done 66,000km

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=311305321

i was wondering if it is worth it to trade me e92 2009 325i only done 15,000km that i just bought 2 months ago off jerry clayton?

thanks

Edited by Clinton

@whoareyou: thanks for the infos man. it was really useful. nw i can try make decision :)

@clinton: lol i love the video

Slightly off-topic but still about the car... How much would an exhaust mod like that cost?

remus quad exhaust is around $1000USD

So you convert that to NZD, add shipping to NZ, add taxes on the goods + shipping, gst, customs duty etc

Probably be looking at around $2500 NZD

Then you also need a bumper change or if you want a cheap crap job, cut a hole in the right side of the bumper to fit the exhaust

But if you want the new bumper probably another $200+ at least on top

so yea not the cheapest

edit: LOL didnt even see the post above by the previous owner before making my post, good to see I was on point with my estimates

Edited by fatjoe

remus quad exhaust is around $1000USD

So you convert that to NZD, add shipping to NZ, add taxes on the goods + shipping, gst, customs duty etc

Probably be looking at around $2500 NZD

Then you also need a bumper change or if you want a cheap crap job, cut a hole in the right side of the bumper to fit the exhaust

But if you want the new bumper probably another $200+ at least on top

so yea not the cheapest

edit: LOL didnt even see the post above by the previous owner before making my post, good to see I was on point with my estimates

Haha yeah, but nonetheless appreciate it.

Cheers.

The jury is out dejay. Looks like you have to go pick it up tomorrow huh?